

This weekend Kylie and I went on a girls weekend with my Mom and my two sisters in law, Carolyn and Kyri. Kylie has been so excited about this trip and has been talking about it since before Halloween.

We had such a great time and it was so good for us all to get away (even if it was just to Grapevine) and share with each other. I learned alot about Kyri that I didn't know before and got to see how good she and Carolyn are with children. Kylie talked their ears off and asked question after question. They always took the time to answer her or even explain that it was a GPS system and not a CPS. Thanks, Carolyn! My Mom is similar in that she always has time to explain and make everything a learning situation. :)

So anyways, I picked everyone up on Saturday morning and we started off right with some Starbucks. Then it was on to the show. The Rockettes were performing at Nokia Theatre and Mom treated us to the show. I'm not a show person so I wasn't REALLY excited about it until the show started. It was so great and my favorite number was the Toy Soldiers. Kylie watched and really liked the Nativity Scene. They had real animals and it was very touching. She also thought that we were going to see The Rockets and was not impressed by the dancing at first. She soon warmed up to it, though. Next time we should probably drop her off at The Planetarium.

Next, Carolyn treated us all to P.F. Changs and it was delish as always. More girl bonding and making Christmas lists. After lunch, we went to the hotel and put on our coats, hats, and mittens. We were off to the Ice Show at the Gaylord Texan that night and wanted to be comfortable. We did find some time to shop at the mall, though. Kylie wanted a big jar of gumballs and I bought MadLibs for us to play that night. We also stopped at The Chocolate Factory. Yum!
The Ice Show was amazing. I took so many pictures that I am amazed that my camera didn't freeze up. We all had to wear big parkas over our coats and Kylie was happy to look like Randy for a while. Kyri had a really smelly parka and I laughed so hard at the look on her face! Kylie, Carolyn, and Kyri all slid down the big ice slide. It didn't take long for Kylie to want to leave soon after that. She was freezing and so uncomfortable. We should have left a little earlier but she decided to follow Carolyn and I back to the front room for a picture in the sleigh. I looked at her and she couldn't even cry real tears she was so frozen! So we left and everyone that was going in got to see a crying little girl coming out. They all looked at me like I was a horrible mommy! I got a picture of her, though.




After the ice show, we stopped and watched some teenagers in a dance company sing and dance to Christmas songs. This perked Kylie right up! It was really cute. Then we saw Santa and there was no line! Kylie walked right up to him and told him what she and Riley wanted for Christmas. I love how she loves Santa so much and is not afraid. We went back to the hotel with some fast food and were so tired. We didn't stay up too late that night.

The next morning we had breakfast at the hotel and after getting a red heart balloon from the balloon woman, we went up and my Mom conducted a devotional especially for us. It was really nice to sit and listen to the devotional because I think my Mom is so smart. She always knows the perfect way to assure me that God loves me and to just give it all to HIM and take it one day at a time. Thanks, Mom! For the whole weekend, for all our little presents, for loving us unconditionally, and for teaching us about God's grace. You are the kind of mother that the Bible teaches us about. :)
Kylie and I finally got home around lunch time and Alan had cleaned the house and was doing laundry. I think he is in a funk because of the poor Razorbacks.

Kylie hasn't stopped talking about the trip and makes sure to tell me how much she loves her aunts and Nana and Meemaw. What a sweet and lucky girl to have such a great family!


Mom just HAD to buy Kylie matching mittens!!!
8 comments:
What a GREAT tradition to have with the girls in the family! And, I love that Kylie got to do it along with you. She will remember that forever!! It sounds like such a great weekend with lots of fun stuff!
We went to the Rockettes show last week with Mark's work and the whole time I kept thinking how much Kendyll would have loved it. There were some really good parts...and my two favorites were the same as you and Kylie! :)
What fun! I also loved the Rockettes Christmas show. My favorite was the Rag Doll portion of the show...it inspired Emma's Halloween costume 3 years ago.
I'm glad you included the pictures of the ice show. It looks so cool, no pun intended!
Very fun, Traci! We went to the Gaylord last year and LOVED it too. How special to have a girls getaway with your family.
Kylie looks so sweet in her little red coat. Her Santa picture turned out great!
Great pictures, Traci! Our family has started going to the Gaylord at Christmas-time, too. It always looks so pretty! We went to the Rockettes show last weekend as well. Landry LOVED it--I didn't think she would be that interested, but she surprised me.
It looks like you had SO much fun! I really want to go to the Gaylord to see the ice display. The pictures are great!
I'm glad you guys had such fun together. What a neat new tradition...
Katina
Girls weekends, whether with friends or family, are always a fun & special treat. You made me want to go see the ICE show -- it is on a list of possibilities this weekend when Kevin's family visits. I may just have to show your pictures to convince them!
Miss you!
Looks like fun! I am glad the girls got to have a weekend of good times and bonding. You have such a precious family. Love to you all!
What fun! I love it. I know you all made great memories of your girl time. The Gaylord sounds fun. We might have to make it over there. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment