12.28.2006

Merry Christmas To All!


We have had a wonderful Christmas! First with Nancy, Keith, & Essie, then with my family. There are so many things that happened and so many gifts that were exchanged that I feel a little overwhelmed right now.

I was really happy to see Kylie have such a wonderful Christmas. Her eyes sparkled every time we mentioned Santa and Christmas morning. My favorite story about Kylie this Christmas (besides the Nativity scene with Dora as a wiseman and baby Jesus a weeble) is how excited she got over driving around looking at Christmas lights. She absolutely loved all the snowglobes and blow ups in front of the houses. At one point she questioned herself, "Where did they all come from?" Then, a moment later, "They must be getting them all at Lowes!"

After hearing that story, Nana and Poppy came all the way over to take our sweet angel to Lowe's and now we are the proud owners of a snowman snowglobe and a Frosty the Snowman blow up. Oh, the joy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound like me...I am a bit overwhelmed myself. I really wanted one of the snowglobes...maybe next year:) Glad you had a wonderful Christmas. The kids look so cute:) Love ya!

hollyfouts said...

Oh the wonderfully tacky things we put in our yards to make the kids happy! It's totally worth it:)

Anonymous said...

Kylie is such a thoughtful, logical girl. No magic elves delivering snowglobes - just lots of Lowe's shoppers.

Did she see snowglobes at Lowe's one time, or did someone tell her that's where you get them? She has the most amazing memory for details. It keeps us old fogies on our toes!

courtney said...

Cute story!! Landry's the same way, but about Target. Anytime she asks for something and I say, "where are we going to find that?" she'll reply, "well, probably at Target." She thinks everything comes from Target!!

Love Daisy's sweater!!

Lisa Renee said...

What precious children! Glad you had a good Christmas. Fun girl time too in your last post and to see Kyrie as a part of that. Did you know she (I Think) is at a firm that I started out at right out of college? I did my internship in college with Andy and was there when it was just the four of us when he was starting out. Tell her I said hello. Your family is just as sweet as can be. Happy New Year!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....