10.10.2007

State Fair of Texas


Yes, we did. We went to the State Fair on Monday and on Tuesday learned that there was a record crowd there. 22 school districts were there as well as the Jonas Brothers and their crazy fans. At least we all had free tickets! It was so crowded and if that wasn't bad enough, the heat and humid were enough to make you really miserable. But, the fact that the kids had a blast made the trip worthwhile.


The kids were both out of school on Monday so we asked my parents to meet us at Early CLASS since the fair was just down the street. Mom and Dad got to see Riley in action and tour the school. Kylie just loved being up there with Riley. We all left at 11:30 and opted not to ride the DART train which Kylie gave us grief over. So we drove a couple of blocks to the Fair and didn't park (in the dirt and on the last row) and start walking for at least an hour later! We caught the much needed tram and were on our way to fun.


Some of the highlights and lowlights of the State Fair of Texas:


*Standing in line in the heat for 30 minutes for a yummy corny dog.

*Going into the Auto Show just for the air conditioning. (Kylie loved pretend driving and Riles slept in the stroller)

*Kylie and Riley playing in the Museum of Nature and Science- They have a childrens' play area that we got all to ourselves. The kids LOVED it!

*Dad and Alan got to see the Baseball Hall of Fame

*Standing in line quite a bit for coupons...they use coupons, not money!

*Kylie LOVING the Midway. There wasn't a ride she wouldn't ride. It was really scary to see her ride the Kamikaze with her Daddy

*Going through the Dallas Aquarium....save your money and go to The Dallas World Aquarium, it's way nicer!

*Avoiding the 20,000 there for the Jonus Brothers Concert

*Seeing Tracey and Greg and kids, how random is that?

*Leaving.....it only took us 45 minutes to get out of that parking lot


So, if you are planning on going to the State Fair of Texas, find out if 22 school districts are going to be there or not. I hear that the weekends aren't that bad.

2 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

Man do I miss getting to do that! I went every year through college. We have a pretty nifty county fair here but didn't even get to that one this year b/c I have a job and couldn't work the booths! Anyhoo... thanks for sharing your experience, sounds like it was pretty neat!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Traci! I can't believe how small this bloggy world is. I'm not sure if you remember me but I hope you'll stop by my blog. If you do remember me, leave a comment. :-)

I loved looking through your archives. You have a beautiful family. :-)

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....