We are all getting ready for our big move around here. Alan has been in NW Arkansas working for two weeks and me and the kids have been here trying to survive without him. I have done pretty well except for the other day when I was packing up the kitchen and I heard a man sneeze clear as day!! I grabbed my Rachael Ray knife and flew towards the front door. I didn't know if I was safer inside or out, so I opened the door and a flier sailed through and landed in the foyer. Who passes out fliers and sneezes on someone's doorstep when they are inside by themselves?? If I could have caught that guy.........
Anyways, Alan flew in this weekend to help me start packing and de-clutter the house. We had a lot of junk accumulate in the eight years that we have lived here. Our house is pretty packed up right now and when the movers come Thursday morning, we should be more than ready to move up there into our new diggs. I'm sure Aunt Melba will be more than happy to kick Alan out of her house after two weeks!
I'm really excited about this new opportunity for us and can't wait to come home to McKinney for Christmas this year! It's been great catching up with old friends this month and I hope to see more of everyone after we move. Isn't that crazy? I also am looking forward to having visitors.
By the way, Alan's old company went through lay-offs last week and we are SURE that he would have been one of the casualties. We feel really blessed!
4 comments:
I love Kylie's Arkansas cheerleading outfit--too cute!
I'll be thinking of you during your move; I know how difficult it is!
And, I'll also be keeping my fingers crossed that you don't have any more strangers sneeze on your front porch!! :)
I am so glad you had your Rachel Ray knife handy:-) You always make me smile.
I am already praying for you all to have a smooth transition and for the Lord to send many wonderful people your way to welcome you to your new home. I know that things are going to work out wonderfully. We love you all!
We are very excited about ya'll moving here and are so looking forward to it! In saying that, I definetely know how hard it is to move away and from a place you've been so long as well as from family you have there. I'll be praying for you and your transition. God is good and it sounds like you are following His will since there were layoffs at Alan's old job. I know you will love it up here and you are getting here at just the right time because the fall colors will be popping out in the next week or so!! Please let me know what we can do...are you moving in your house on Thursday?
Glad to hear things are going smoothly for you guys. I'll look forward to hearing more about it once you get a little settled.
I always like moving 'cause it give you month(s) to say, "oh, I'm sorry the house is a mess, we moved in recently". I'm going on 8months in this house and I've probably worn out that excuse. Good thing I've got a two year old to blame. :)
Post a Comment