7.06.2010
fun, food, & fireworks
We had such a fun 4th of July weekend! It actually started on the night of the 3rd when we heard fireworks going off in our neighborhood. Alan grabbed the lawn chairs, I grabbed the wine, and we headed out to the front yard to watch the most spectacular show ever! I mean, these were ballpark stadium fireworks. And it went on forever! I may have been so enthralled in the show and spending time with Alan and Kylie that I drank most of the bottle. Or maybe all of the bottle- I don't remember! I do remember the headache the next morning.
I also remember Alan telling me that we had to start cleaning because people were coming over that night. Our communication is just the best! He's really famous for saying, 'Oh, I thought I mentioned it!
Riley stayed inside because he still doesn't like them. If we ask him if he wants to see fireworks he usually covers his ears and says, "Too loud!" He did watch some out of his window and I was proud of him for that.
Although we had fun, I was disappointed that I didn't pay better attention to my Facebook Events that I usually never check. I neglected to see that we had been invited to a new friend's get together. I saw her status on FB that day, didn't realize that we were invited, and secretly wished that I would have taken time to get to know her a little better so that we would have been invited. I was in self-pity mode when I noticed that we were indeed invited and by that time, it was too late to get ready and go. I'm still a little upset with that!
So, on the 4th, we had Alan's family and some friends over for a delicious steak dinner, homemade ice cream, and fireworks. Alan and Kylie lit some and every direction we looked, the whole town was lit up. It was so much fun to sit and watch. I love Arkansas on the 4th of July!!
One of my favorite parts of the night is when we all sat down to eat. Riley came over and wanted to sit with us which is unusual. He requested steak so I spent almost the whole meal cutting up small pieces for him to enjoy. I love that kid!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
tomorrow
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Kylie got a gift from Meemaw and Peepaw, too. This is how we roll in our family- no one gets left out. Keith loves to watch Mike Huckabee...
-
Update: I am laughing at 2 things! 1. I had to grab a pic off the internet of a dining room that looks similar to my mom's since I didn...

5 comments:
Sounds fun!
What a perfect 4th!! My favorite thing is always the yummy food! ;)
I love any post that starts with lawnchairs and wine!
what an awesome 4th of July!! And I totally sat in my car while they shot off fireworks. I had a bad incident when I was young and I'm deathly afraid of them.
Oh no, Sam! Well, you and Riley could entertain each other because he is not fond of them either.
Post a Comment