Here are the kids as Alan and I were taking them to school:
| Riley's face is priceless!! |
| Riley at his new desk in his new room! |
| Kylie is thinking to herself- Mom, Dad- please leave now. |
Riley has a regular teacher, autism teacher, 3 aides, a speech therapist, and an occupational therapist. SEVEN, people! SEVEN teachers!! First of the year gifts were not an option this year, needless to say. ha!
We really like all of Riley's teachers and with his strong will to learn lately he is soaking up things like a sponge! Right now, he is spelling words left and right. So we have been getting sight words to learn. This helps him in his reading so much! He had so much wall space that I made him a word wall with my old teaching tools in his room. He loves it and really looks forward to putting up each sight word every Monday afternoon.
A BIG praise this year is Riley is now eating in the cafeteria. The new teacher cut out all day snacking and eating lunch in the room. Last year, we could bring things to keep in the little refrigerator and also foods to be heated in the microwave and they were so good about getting my little picky eater to eat something. But this year, they did away with all that so all Riley was eating from his lunch box was cheese-its and fruit snacks. So, I started letting him get a hot lunch. Surprisingly, he eats more in a hot lunch than he ever ate from a lunch box. Who knew?
Here is my little man in the cafeteria. I LOVE it!!
And I have already subbed 2 weeks in Kindergarten. Go me!
Kylie just started Girls on the Run so she will be running with friends and a coach two days a week and then will do the 5K in November. I love it when we are all busy round here! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment