We had a wonderful WHITE Christmas this year! I love going back home! I have always loved my hometown and never wanted to leave. I love NWA too, but I reallllllllllly love McKinney, Texas!! Nothing comes close to the people, the shops, the feeling. You get it.
So, I was the only one who had to work on the Friday before Christmas. Quite a change from the housewife who is frantically packing, cleaning, and hopelessly waiting for everyone to get off work, school, etc. But, I wouldn't have changed it for the world! I am really enjoying working and even though it was party day and craaaaaazzzzzyyyyy, it was all worth it in the end. Plus, Kylie came to work with me. Those 2nd graders adored her!
We got to my parents house pretty late and my mom informed Kylie and I that we were going to a lunch at The Pantry the next day with her cousins. We could hardly wait! I always want to visit Downtown McKinney but we rarely get the chance.
My girl is ready to go. Look how precious she is in her winter beanie. I wish I could find some more in different colors for her.
My sweet Aunt Nikki has recently lost a lot of weight. She looks fabulous!! So we had to take a million pics! ha!
We saw Santa at a shop. Kylie jumped up there and talked to him. Then we went to an antique store where I saw this little baby. Alan and I play so many games during the winter months that it just jumped out at me. I asked the owner how much he was selling it for and he said $75. I jumped at it but Nikki and Kim decided that they were going to get it for us instead. Thank you, Ninni and BoBo!! We love it!
The square looked soooooooo different! They have really modernized it up. Except for the old Courthouse. That will always look the same. Unfortunately they filmed A Candace Montgomery Story there and those old memories cloud my awesome memories. Other than that, I love the look of the outside eateries.
Kylie and BoBo wanted to paint something. BoBo painted a reindeer and Kylie wanted to paint a duck. A duck. SMH.
There is so much to look at and so many great restaurants that Alan took me back to a new Pub that night for a bite and a drink. SO. Needed. That.
Blue Moon and fish and chips is not a bad way to end the night. When we got home I captured this little baby. I love it when my kids love on each other. What a great day!!
Yes, it's blurry but they are BOTH smiling! Come ON!! Next up: ICE!!









No comments:
Post a Comment