

Today I would like to dedicate this entry to my wonderful husband, Alan on his 32nd birthday! I love you, babe and I would like for people that don't know you as well to get glimpse into the life of Joel Alan Rutledge!!! There are so many reasons that I love you so I am just going to name a few. I borrowed this idea from Holly.............here it goes:
- Alan calls his Mom and Dad at least once a day.
- He is so proud of his sister, Leslie and thinks the world of her
- He was Co-Valedictorian in High School along with his best friend
- Graduated from the University of Arkansas and now we all call the Hogs!
- A country boy at heart- we know all the same country songs that our parents used to listen to
- Met me on a blind date set up by.........my mother!!!
- Drove to work in McKinney, back home to Plano to get dressed, back to McKinney to pick me up for our first date, back to Plano to eat and watch a movie, back to McKinney to take me home, and FINALLY back to Plano to go home......ON A WORK NIGHT!!!! awwwww
- Asked me to marry him on St. Patrick's day and then took me to Wendy's to eat
- Drives me crazy with his love of 80's music
- Was the FIRST one to offer to go to church with my brother, Jeff after Kimberly was killed
- Was baptized by Jeff almost one year to the date of the accident
- Has the kindest heart but loves to show his rough manly side
- Went to SMU to get his MBA while working full time and still making time for his family
- Is the BEST father to our kids.... He knows how to make them laugh AND make them mind
- Is a FIGHTER!! He helps me get through days that I want to give up on and is sure that we will come out smiling in the end
Alan is a one-of-a-kind and I truly think that I am so lucky to have met him and now share my life with him. I guess I really need to thank Keith and Nancy for raising such a courageous man who has the heart of a soldier. Thanks to my mom as well because if it weren't for her saying, "There's this really cute guy at work"........... I would never have met him!! Happy Birthday, baby!!!!
5 comments:
Kevin and I met on a blind date too -- I love reading about all of the fun unique about our spouses. You are inspiring me to make a list about Kevin.
Happy Birthday Alan!
Love it! It is a fun way to learn about each other.
Kristen, Bring on your list. I love to make lists and I love to read them. I think my brain functions better in list form rather than paragraphs.
I love the list!! Alan is such a sweet guy...I am so glad we crossed paths and became friends. I think he needs to make a Traci list.
I do make her lists:
Clean the house
Make my dinner
Take care of the kids
Do my laundry
etc, etc, etc...
Just kidding baby... Thank you for my special birthday blog...
Love, Alan
Are you sure all that stuff is about Alan??
Post a Comment