5.03.2007

Tooth Problems

So I haven't posted in a while and a lot has happened. But, today I am going to talk about my tooth. I have a tooth that had a root canal when I was pregnant with Kylie. Our dental insurance made me go to a dental group which shall remain nameless. Anyways, five years later I find out that they didn't do a good job on this tooth and there is lots of bacteria building up under the cap and maybe inside the tooth. My first infection happened this New Year's Eve. I could NOT get any relief from medicine and I was up all night with pain. Antibiotics are the only thing that helps but it takes up to 48 hours to get into my system. I have had one infection each month since.

My options were to keep getting root canals over the years or get the tooth totally taken out and replaced with an implant. We went for the second option and yesterday I got my tooth yanked by an oral dentist. I remember sitting in the chair and the next thing I know, Alan is waking me up in a bed in the office. How I got there, I have no idea. I sort of remember the ride home and I really remember Alan taking care of me and laughing at me for me saying, "main pedication". My mom took care of the kids for us and they of course had a blast. My parents met Alan in the storm last night to give the kids back, too. Kinda scary!

Today, I woke up in some pain since I didn't medicate in the middle of the night. Thankfully I don't have my kids and I can rest all day in bed. I am a little swollen and don't feel like cleaning out any closets or spring cleaning like I usually do when I'm on pain medication. I remember in junior high pretending to be sick and my mom let me stay home from school. We had a wall full of mirrors in our dining room and I sang and danced to Madonna all day. It was great!

I watched my favorite movie in all the world yesterday, Return To Me. I love that movie for so many reasons. I especially love the part where Carroll O Connor tells Minnie Driver, "It's the character that's the strongest that God gives the most challenges to, you can take that as a compliment". I don't know if it's true, but I like believing it. I always seem to cry in that movie, too. That's my therapy.

So, now my medicine is kicking in and I am getting woozy. Peace out!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm glad that this is over! I winced with pain when you were telling me what you have had to go through. The words "root canal" send shivers down my spine...I am very puny when it comes to teeth stuff.

OMG! Return to Me is in my top 3 favorite movies of all time. I love the characters, I love the music, I love the angst, I love the love! Maybe we should have a movie watching party sometime!

Lisa Renee said...

I am SO sorry you had to go through all of that! Saying some prayers for you out here! I love Carroll O'Conner and am going to have to rent that one. Sounds like its a good one! Hope you are recovering well.........how nice to be able to do it without kids!

Amy said...

hey, could I call in sick to TI tomorrow and come to your house to dance to Madonna all day instead? great story, traci.

Erica said...

It was good to talk to you today. I am sorry you have been feeling so bad. Hopefully you will be all fixed up in no time. Love ya!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....