12.02.2007

She Gave Herself Bangs



Been there, done that with the cutting of the bangs but when Kylie wants something, she wants it immediately. I can definitely relate. It all started this morning after Meemaw and Peepaw left from babysitting the kids so that we could go to our many Christmas parties last night. Kylie looks at me and tells me that she wants to get her hair cut short like mine. I immediately go into defense mode because I remember the many times that my mom had my hair chopped off for no good reason. I told her no and that was that. Well, this afternoon I noticed that not only did she have bangs, but she had chopped off one side of her hair below her ear. (It's really not that noticable once I angled it.) I asked her if she cut her hair and she confessed and said that she wanted it short and she did it last night when Meemaw went to the bathroom. So I told her to go get the hair that she cut and Alan saw her get it from behind her nightstand. Pretty sneaky, sis!

So, I tried to clean it up and tell her that she would have to wear a ponytail until we could get it cut or shaped and let's just say that she wasn't my biggest fan tonight. After she took her bath she did look cute with the bangs so I am not that mad but she will not be using scissors for a very long time. Also, I feel the need to mention that she is reading THIS book:


Tomorrow I will look for a series that may actually teach her manners and how to not be such a troublemaker.

Also, Alan put up the lights on our house this weekend. They look great and I am so proud of him! So is Kylie and Riles. All in all it was a great weekend! I got to go to the spa and visit with my friends that I never get to see anymore. I also had to say goodbye to two of them for about a year. Alan and I got to go to two fun parties and see people that we love to spend time with and Meemaw and Peepaw got to visit with the kids and see how much Riley has changed. That will be the next entry, Little Riles!

3 comments:

The French Connection said...

OH TRACI!!!!! Kamdyn's is STILL growing out from out scissor debacle!!!! She'll be cute no matter how her hair looks.

WAY TO GO ALAN!!! Can he call Sean and get him motivated? We still do no have the tree out of the attic!!!!

I had a blast getting to spend all Saturday morning with you and the girls. It was one of the most fun mornings I've had in a long time!

FACIAL, FACIAL, FACIAL!!!!

BTW - I actually added some to my blog. finally!

Tracey said...

I love that Kylie's spunk!

courtney said...

We have a neighbor that's Landry's age and she cut her hair--the hair on the very top of her hair-- TO THE SCALP! They had to basically give her a buzz cut. Just be thankful Kylie didn't do that. It actually looks very cute judging from those pictures!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....