12.11.2007

A Sight For Sore Eyes


Riley is doing really great with his new glasses. We have noticed such an improvement! The first day that he had them, he was not too crazy about wearing them for a long length of time. So we worked up to wearing them more and more and now he is wearing them all day. We went into Target the second day that he had them and he was seriously searching the store with amazement in his eyes. It was so cool to watch.

We hit a little snag today because he thinks that he can take them off when we get to Early CLASS or Big School. I think that the problem will clear itself up when he gets used to wearing them over the holidays. Yesterday we only had school in the afternoon so we played and sang all morning. I told him to go get dressed and this is what he came back wearing. Shorts and a backwards shirt! I just had to have a picture.



Thursday is his last day at Early CLASS for the semester. We are so sad yet when we look back at all he has learned, we are really proud of our little guy! I guess I need to make a list of everything that he is doing now. Most importantly he is trying to communicate and we actually had our first fight with words the other day. His favorite things are asking for pizza and McDonalds. Whenever we see a McDonalds he shouts, "Donalds! I want fries!" SO much nicer than screaming and crying! I also met some wonderful friends at Early CLASS. We took this picture before Thanksgiving break. Each one of these women have helped me in some way. Whether it was advice or just simply a shoulder to lean on. I am so blessed for them entering my life.





We will miss some of his Early CLASS friends that are moving on but most of all we will miss Kristen. She was so great with Riley and always supplied him with the words he needed as well as many hugs. Riley definitely noticed whenever she had a day off. He loves to look at her picture and says, "Kristis" We hope only the best for her and will definitely make a place for her in Riley's life. Someone has some really big shoes to fill next semester!

4 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

I think he looks GREAT in those glasses! Sounds like his Class has been a wonderful thing and I am thankful for you to have the opportunity to be a part of it and gained so much from it. You look fabulous too by the way! Hope you all are enjoying this holiday season!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sweet comments about me! I had SO much fun working with Riley and getting to know your family this semester! I look forward to keeping up with you and seeing him continue to make progress! :)

Nicole said...

The glasses are so cute!

I think it's hilarious when kids pick out their own clothes. It's so funny to see what their little brains think is "matching"! Now, leaving the house in these "matching" clothes is a whole different story...much to Emma's dismay. :-)

Erica said...

I love Riley's glasses!! He looks so precious!! I am glad that they seem to be opening a whole new world up to him already:) Love ya'll!!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....