The fever has hit! This weekend the Women’s Gymnastic Olympic Trials was on and I could not have been happier! I get so excited every four years when they are picking the team to go to the Olympics. This year, the group to decide between is fierce! All of these girls are so talented, but I do have my favorites!
One of my favorites is Shawn Johnson. This girl is like a ray of sunshine. She is compared to Mary Lou Retton constantly and she really makes you want to stop and watch her. She is consistent and powerful in her routines. I can really see her taking gold and capturing hearts everywhere. She won the whole thing tonight so is guaranteed a spot on the Olympic team.
The other person guaranteed a spot is Nastia Liukin. She has gymnastic DNA in her blood as both her parents were Russian all-around gymnasts as well. She is serious, focused, and her routines are full of high-difficulty skills. She has one move on the beam that she wants named after her. She lives in the same county as we do and I just know that she is going to bring home one or two gold medals for me.
My other favorite is Alicia Sacramone. This is the comeback girl with a great heart. She just missed making the Olympic Trials four years ago, watched the Olympics with a back fracture and almost swore off the sport. Then she enrolled in Brown University, broke a whole mess of gymnastic records there and now she is gunning for a spot in the 2008 Olympics and impressing people right and left. She is the girl that everyone wants to be friends with. She’s got style, an outgoing personality, and is great at this sport. She will be joining eleven other girls at the Karoyli’s camp in Houston this July. There they will all compete for the other 4 spots to be on the Olympic team. I would love to be in that gym watching them all vying for a spot.
One thing is certain, I will be watching Women’s Gymnastics at the Olympics in August this year and hoping for gold for Team USA. I even got Kylie hooked in all the action. I think she knows more about each girl than I do. She also mimics their routines in the living room. That’s a girl after my own heart!
Other than watching gymnastics all weekend, we really have been busy this summer. Riley has Early Class until mid-July, is FULLY potty-trained and Kylie will be going to VBS at the church we used to attend. She is really excited about the theme and seeing her old friends. Since I have to take Riley, my friend Tracey begged me to let her take Kylie all week. I know she will have a good time but I will be losing my shopping/park/library friend this week and that makes me a little sad. At least I will be able to get some work done. I am in the middle of designing my first website for my friend Stephanie’s store. I think it looks fabulous- I just have to get it working properly.
So, even though I am constantly on the computer, I am working and not blogging or reading other blogs to keep up. I will post about the kids later this week but after that, my blogging may have to suffer again. I don’t think my readers will be missing much, though- oh, except for Riley dragging out that Mickey Mouse costume that is like a size 12-24 month and wearing it around the house. Yes, I did get a picture and yes, I WILL post it!! Lots of memories- that Mickey Mouse costume gave us!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
tomorrow
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Kylie got a gift from Meemaw and Peepaw, too. This is how we roll in our family- no one gets left out. Keith loves to watch Mike Huckabee...
-
Update: I am laughing at 2 things! 1. I had to grab a pic off the internet of a dining room that looks similar to my mom's since I didn...
No comments:
Post a Comment