6.20.2008

Chrismas Cookies & Icing

Christmas Cookie Dough

1/2 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour
3 Tbs. milk

Cream together shortening and sugar. Beat in egg. Mix in salt, baking powder, vanilla, and flour. Add 3 Tbs. milk to dough for cut-out cookies.

Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll dough to 1/4" thickness and cut with holiday cookie cutters. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Remove cookies and put on cooling rack to cool.


Christmas Cookie Icing

1 stick butter (softened)
1 box confectioner's sugar
3 Tbs. Pet milk
1 tsp. Vanilla
Food Coloring

Combine butter, milk, vanilla, and sugar until creamy. Add food coloring and then ice cookies. You may need to add milk to make icing creamier.

No comments:

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....