3.14.2009

Birthday Wish and Odd Obsession

I have a birthday wish! And, since mainly the only people that read my blog are family members, I thought I would put it out there for anyone to act on it. I LOVE gnomes!! Why? I don't know! Ever since I saw that preview on the Tyra show- no, I don't watch it- about that lady that was scared of garden gnomes, I have been wildly attracted to them. Now, I know that they may creep some people out, but it's my garden and I'll display gnomes if I want to!!

The gnome that I have really wanted for a couple of years now, is that Travelocity gnome that they show on every episode of The Amazing Race! Have you seen this little guy? I love him!! I also don't have any idea on where to get him. I have not googled him or looked on Ebay for fear of snatching him up. FYI- I also like any Target, Walmart, Walgreens gnome that arrive on the store shelf during the springtime.



It's almost spring here in Arkansas, well, except for the snow storm last week, and I am looking so forward to dressing up our huge patch of weeds that is supposed to be the garden. Ever since we moved here in late October, we have had a huge eyesore in the front of our house. Below is the before pic with my gnomes up to their eyeballs in snow. Yes, Alan arranged them in there. {hee-hee} I won't have an after pic until sometime after Spring Break. This would have been the perfect weekend had it not been in the 50's. Sigh. I even scouted out some $5 bushes at Walmart this week and was chomping at the bit to get them.




So, the kids are doing great, Riley is talking up a storm and Kylie is loving joining Alan and I in the Wii activities. We have one more week of school and then it's SPRING BREAK!!

Oh yeah, Alan went to his monthly meeting this morning and got to see this guy! He really didn't care but figured I would be a little upset when he got home to tell me about it. He also said that there were thousands of screaming girls there to see him. Oh, Edward! Maybe I will bump into him at the store later today. ha-ha



The Twilight movie comes out next Saturday. I loved the book but wouldn't mind seeing this again. :)

4 comments:

Amy McCown said...

Have you seen the movie Amelie. It is french and artsy, but I do think that it inspired travelocity's gnome adds. Happy Birthday.

Leigh Ann said...

Your gnomes are cracking me up! Happy Birthday, friend!

Unknown said...

My heart just stopped, the movie comes out in a week?!?!

I am excited! Though I am not surpirsed that you would have liked the books better, it always happens that way doesn't it?

I just started the third book last night. I can't stop! My hubby thinks I am silly, but he knows how I get when I find a great book, I just can't stop until it's finished. Unfortunately, it's not finished until four books later. :-)

Thanks for visiting my blog! It means a lot that you complimented it. I only just redesigned it last week. Your designs are so adorable! I love them all!!!

Have a great day! :)

kari and kijsa said...

Happy St. Patricks Day!
blessings, kari & kijsa

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....