I can't say much about the past week, though. Kylie attended a birthday party at Jump Zone the other night but we still don't have much to work with on finding her a playmate. My friend, Allison has two boys and we have lots planned for the summer but I am still needing to find that kindred spirit for Kylie. She does get to see her cousins on the weekend and she LOVES them!
The part I am talking about during the week is my big, fat reality television habit. How many of these shows can I tivo and watch late at night, I ask you? It's getting ridiculous! And ALL of them are disappointing me! I am not even going to mention the one that just had it's "most awesome ending ever finale"! Awesome if you are into betrayal, lying, and working for the DEVIL!!
So, one really had me in a tizzy last night. American Idol. Now this is a show that I don't watch every year. Only this year when they had the 36 did I get really into it. And of course I have some favorites. My favorites aren't always the most popular, I might add. This year, I really liked Jessie. I thought she was cool, cute, and unique. I really liked her bluesy voice, too. Such a shame that she "nearly" made it as Simon so cattily told her. (I love Simon by the way. I usually agree with him!)
So let's talk about why she "nearly" made it, shall we? Well, it's because of this girl:
How in the world did tattoo sleeve have the judges hypnotized? What does she have hanging over their heads? I could understand if this was America's Next Top Model, I would vote for her too, she's really cute! BUT, did they listen to her sing at all? Did they see her dance moves? I have to say that this is the first time that I have ever seen them pick someone just because she was trendy and "in the now". What is going on over there? What am I missing? Why am I so worked up?
All I can hope for is someone to hurt their knee, therefore forcing them out of the competition and moving Jessie into their spot. Oh, wait, that's DWTS and that's already happened twice this week! Just for the record, that is one show that I don't watch and I would like to keep it that way!
Hope everyone has a safe and springy weekend!


4 comments:
I hope Kylie finds her kindred spirit soon. I know she will. You can't help but fall in love with that girl!
As far as AI, I also loved Jesse and thought she should have made it.
Your comment about the other show and "working for the devil" made me laugh out loud! What a let down. I am SO done with that show (until the Bachelorette...hee hee).
I watch DWTS, but it seems like the girls they are getting on there are getting more and more skanky (sorry not another word I could think of) by the season. Marie Osmond was more my speed than Holly Madison or Denise Richards. Eeeew! But, I'm sure I'll be glued every week. :)
I'm probably weird, but I kinda liked that "Tattoo sleve" girl. Ha, that named cracked me up BTW. I liked Jesse too, I'm just glad that the drama queen Tatiana (or however you spell her name) didn't go on! She drove me bonkers. There were definitely some sympathy votes on wildcard night I thought. Hey, i tried calling you today and your phone said that you were "unavailable" and it wouldn't let me leave a message. Give me a call, K? I got some stuff to chat with you about. Love you!
I can't figure out how tattoo girl made it into the top 13. Watching her sing and "dance" is painful...I literally wanted to hide my face behind a pillow. She is definitely cute, but that twisting dance move she does is certainly not trendy...is it? Actually, that's how Brooke dances so maybe I do kinda like it. :-)
I, too, laughed out loud when you used the word devil - so funny and so right!
Traci we really miss Kylie, there have been so many nice days or weekends that I wished she was here to play with Kimberly. We miss you guys!!
Post a Comment