12.02.2010

Few of my faves

Yes- I know it has been forever since I have blogged! I will definitely go back and talk about some things that have happened this fall. The kids are doing well in school, my family came up here for Thanksgiving, and the HOGS are hopefully going to the Sugar Bowl!!

Most of all, the feeling of Christmas is in the air and I cannot wait to spend time with family over the holidays. Jesus is definitely the reason for the season and we have been so blessed by Him!

While the holidays can come and go so fast, I want to spend as much time baking, wrapping, and watching Christmas movies with my family. Here are some things that I have been obsessed with lately:

Peppermint!!

Mom bought me this sweet little set from Bath and Body Works and I can't get enough of it! The smell is sooooooo good and I feel so fresh after I shower with it. Instead of the body mist she got the hand soap for my kitchen. I just love the way it foams up!

Another sweet treat was this little carton of ice cream that Nana picked up one night when they were here. I was so surprised that I actually liked it! It was refreshing and everyone licked their bowl clean.


Football


While I am so glad that flag football/cheerleading is over, I can't get enough of college football! I seriously need more Facebook friends to share my enthusiasm/aggression over the sport! I get so excited to see ESPN's College Gameday each week that I can't hardly stand it! I do get my feathers ruffled when the Hogs don't get mentioned or someone bets against them, though. Hopefully we will prove everyone wrong and win a BCS bowl game! Go Hogs!


Christmas Movies

I definitely have favorite Christmas movies like Miracle on 34th Street, While You Were Sleeping (yes it is!), The Family Stone, The Christmas Shoes...... I could go on and on. One movie that my Dad always wants me to watch and I never have watched the entire thing because it was so dark and oldy looking is A Christmas Carol. I either fell asleep or had other plans. ha! Well, this year Alan picked up the new A Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey's voice and a super animated picture. I'm not going to say that I didn't fall asleep- I totally did! - but I watched most of it and then went back and re-watched the part that I fell asleep to. I really liked it and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone- young or old. 




Flip Video

And finally, I'm just gonna have to get one of these because our old camcorder is just ridiculous now! It's like we have one of those big cell phones while everyone else has a small flip phone. Also, because I hear it is super easy to use and download. It's all about the download these days! I also think it's cool that it comes in cool colors and patterns. Of course, Alan told me that I wasn't 12 years old so I will probably just get the basic black! 

3 comments:

The Anglin Family said...

Oh yes we will beat Ohio! I'm so excited.. I told scotty a couple of months ago that I wish we would play them. I'm a football fanatic too lol.

Alicia said...

Oh Traci, I'm glad that Upward is done too! We aren't going to do it again. It wasn't the program it was designed to be this year. Parents and their politics took over what should have been a Christian based time of fun and fellowship for the kids. I hate when a few snotty parents ruin the fun for all!

I am diehard scream till I lose my voice, smack talking, Hog fan! I HATE the way we are always ignored by ESPN, or that make is sound like we got "lucky" to win a game, HELLO jealous much you biased commentators and refs? Mallott is Heisman material for sure! Ugh! Give some credit where credit is due once in a while! It's called the SEC, hardest conference there is for good grief!

Wow, didn't see that rant coming! Anyway, I'm there with ya! I love peppermint too, and the best Christmas movie EVER is A Christmas Story!!!

Love ya! Happy Jesus's Birthday!!!!!

Maggi said...

Oooo peppermint is one of my favorites and we've already broken out the Christmas movies. lol Great list!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....