7.04.2011

Mini-Vacay Resort


Since we took our big vacation in April, we decided on a mini-vacay to Branson with Nana and Poppy. I found a nice resort on the lake, aptly named Chateau on the Lake, and made reservations less than 2 weeks before we left. We were so excited!!

The resort was almost booked to capacity since I called so late and it was the week of the 4th so we couldn't get rooms near each other. They had one standard room on the 3rd floor and a mountain/lake view room on the 6th floor for way more money. Well, Mom wanted a lake view room with a balcony so Alan and I got the cheaper standard room. No big deal.

Until.......Mom and Dad decided to take Max, their dog. Dad just couldn't fathom Max staying in a kennel for 3 whole days. My parents are crazy about that dog. So, they called and found out that Max could stay in the resort with us. But he had to stay in our standard room. Alan and I were not feeling that at all! I just knew that Max would cry for them all night and we didn't feel like babysitting their dog! ha! Dad assured us that they would sneak Max up at night and it wouldn't be a problem.


Until......we got to the resort and they stressed to us that Max could absolutely NOT go anywhere past the 3rd floor. When we saw how nice the resort was there was no way that we were chancing getting kicked out, either. So, we tried to get 2 standard rooms but all they had was the Presidential Suite. ha!


So......Alan, Riley and I stayed in a LOVELY non-smelly room with a beautiful balcony for 3 nights while Kylie, Nana and Poppy stayed in our lowly standard room. Did we feel guilty? A little. Did we LOVE it? A LOT!! Thanks, Max!!

No comments:

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....