It's summer and so far the kids and I have been busy and having a blast! We have already had swim lessons and a fun little vacation to Branson with my parents. Now we have Kylie's birthday, pottery class, Glee camp, Girl Power Camp, a trip to Texas, and school shopping to look forward to. Six weeks is going to fly by but at least we will have had a fun summer!
Here are some things that I have been obsessed with this summer. In no particular order:
This stuff is yumm-o! We all have smooth and unchapped lips since I have been packing it on every hour on the hour that we are outside. It tastes so good that I have gone through 2 of them already and am still not sick of it. What a raspberry lemonade blast!
Okay- really not a fan of Nancy Grace. In fact, I always make fun of my mom watching her. She's JUST SO DRAMATIC!! But since I have my eye on the Casey Anthony trial as of late, I can't "uh-huh" and "yeah, that's right!!" enough after watching her. I discovered HLN network last week when we were home for a few days and the channel has not changed. It's on 24/7. Plus, I hate the way Nancy says Caylee. She says it more like- Kelly. Bothers me. But I am gonna see this trial to the end and hope that Casey lives the rest of her "good life" in prison. Totally guilty!!
![]() |
| "I'm crying for myself because I will be behind bars and not visiting bars!!" |
THE best book that I have read in a long time! I got the tip from my friend, Kara, and she knows how to recommend books, let me tell you! I can't put this one down and only have a few pages left. There is no way that I could have treated black women the way that they were treated in the 1950's-60's, especially in Mississippi. Heartless and cruel!! The book is a story about how 'the help" was good enough to raise children of white parents but weren't good enough to share their bathroom, keep their lunch in the same refrigerator, go to the same public library....I could go on and on.
The movie will be out in August and I cannot wait to see it. All three of these women are going to make that movie! Plus, Bryce Dallas Howard is going to be a snooty white woman and I bet she will be fantastic. Cannot wait!! You can view the trailer HERE.
I watch Fashion Police and each time Helena Bonham Carter comes on, I cringe. She is always on the worst list and I think to myself, "Who does she think she is?" Let me tell you- she can dress how she wants because after seeing her brilliance in Alice In Wonderland, she totally changed the way I think of her! Her portrayal of the Queen of Hearts was greatness!! We quote her so much around here and whenever it's on Starz, I stop and watch just waiting for her to appear. LOVE her!
I have grown quite fond of this movie and it's surprising because I am not the "fantasy" type. I have GOT to buy the movie!!
Another movie that I can't get enough of! I love the beginning and ending of UP and cry each time I see it. Such a sweet love story.
I got hooked on The Voice and I adore Vicci!! I love her voice, I love her look, and I love her war dance! I just saw the finale when we got back from vacay and I am sad that she didn't win but I hope to hear her soon on the radio!
Now, if I can only get off my butt and get into the gym, I would be obsessed with wearing this little number. One can dream.....










2 comments:
Glad you are loving "The Help".
Nancy Grace drives me bonkers. I don't watch her...at all...ever. But dang it if they haven't had her on some of the other news channels I do watch. Drives me crazy that she refers to her as "tot mom". What's with "Tot Mom". It doesn't even rhyme? And it's not like her neame is hard to say in the first place.
YES!!! Her saying "tot mom" drives me CRAZY!!!
Post a Comment