So, my last Hog post I bragged about our routine of staying at home, cooking and lounging around happily while watching the Razorback game. Then, Alan's friend offered us his season tickets for the game last night against Troy. We knew that it was going to be rainy but they were really good seats and we just couldn't pass them up. So, we arranged for the kids to stay with their grandparents and we were set!
We left early so we could meet some of our friends who are die-hard tailgaters. When we got to Fayetteville, it was raining and storming so we decided to grab a bite to eat at Kosmos. I had eaten there before and knew Alan would absolutely love it. I was right and we stuffed ourselves on gyros while watching the rain. Best Greek food ever!
Then we went to the indoor mall to walk off our food and look at the hog gear. I found a jacket for half off and Alan got a new shirt. We also found the kids really cute shirts at the Houndstooth Clothing Company razorback collection. I love Kylie's shirt but they only had them in kids' sizes. booo!
When we got to the campus, we had to park really far away from all the activity. We walked in the rain to the stadium and by the time we got there, the rain was letting up. We found our friends and hung out for a while. Then we went and found our seats about an hour before game time.
I took a couple of pics with my phone and then it started to die. I had to get a pic of the student section. It's already all filled up! Those kids have so much energy and cheer the whole game without stopping. We especially love to watch them at basketball games. Makes me want to go back 20 years!!
I love looking at these pictures from when my grandparents went to the same stadium in August of 1971. SO much has changed since then. I also found this nifty little photo of me and my brothers in 1978 after we visited the stadium. I love my pose! I'm thinking that I should find 3 shirts like these, go to the same place, my grandparents old backyard, and take a picture of us to give to my parents for Christmas. Have you seen it when people do that? Then they put the two pics side by side.











No comments:
Post a Comment