6.19.2006

Swim Lessons / VBS Decorating








Friday was the last day of two long and busy weeks of swim lessons. They had a short program where the kids showed their parents just how far they could swim and what independent swimmers they had become. I am so proud of Kylie! She learned to use her arms and legs and come up for a breath every now and then. Of course, Mrs. Linda would have to knock on her head to get her to take a breath at first. Linda commented that Kylie can hold her breath for longer than she lets on. By the end of the program, the kids were jumping off of the diving board and swimming to the shallow end. Everyone did such a great job and I am proud of all five little fishies!

While Kylie was swimming, almost everyone I know was up at the church buiding decorating or keeping kids for VBS which started today. (I will get into that later!) I have had such a great time working with such creative genuises! Of course we have had our ups and downs, but I am so glad to be a part of such an awesome adventure which Kylie loves and Riley tolerates. There is no place that I would rather be than up there with such sweet and caring friends. I have a new respect for all the people that work around the clock making this the best VBS ever! Especially my partner in crime, my long lost sister, Angela. How she puts up with me, I'll never know! It only took her about two days to figure out that I don't finish conversations and I am constantly going from one project to the next without finishing the first one. I'm really confused right now. I hope I wrote that right.

Of course, while I was up at church slaving away, Alan was keeping the kids (ALL day on Father's Day!!) so I really owe him big next weekend. Not to mention that he has had some kind of bug or stomach ulcer for 3-4 days! He actually just came home from the doctor and he has some kind of infection! Poor baby! We had to miss our 5K, DadFest, which I am kind of upset about because Mary Lou Retton was supposed to be there!

Keith and Nancy also came down to take care of Riley on Friday while Kylie went to a swim party and program and my house was amazingly clean when I got back home! They are so good to us! I know it probably wasn't the most fun weekend for them but they got to see the kids which is always fun and Riley adored them both which we are most happy about!

Kylie has been really worried about Alan, too. She asked if he was going to die and when I told her that he had a bug or something, she thought about it long and hard before asking, "Why does Daddy have insects?"

5 comments:

mcjacobsjournal said...

So much to respond to in that blog! First of all, I have enjoyed working with you on VBS so much. I'm so glad that you joined committee and I hope you still love it after the HEADACHES that you and Angela have gone through the last few days. :) According to Kendyll, crafts was AWESOME! She is carrying her rainstick everywhere.

And, I'm so proud of Kylie and her swimming. I just showed Kendyll your pictures and she said "Oh, I hope I can be like Kylie someday." Thanks for giving Kendyll a swimming role model!!

hollyfouts said...

I can't believe how good all those kids are swimming! Amazing! I am definitely putting Avery in swim class next year!

Alyssa said...

You guys have done such a great job this year with VBS! Crafts is GREAT! I am glad that you have had fun :)

Kristen OQ said...

I feel like I need to bullet point all of the things I need to comment on, so here goes:

* Loved working with you on VBS this year. Crafts have been extra super this year...so a big pat on the back from me!
* Kylie did so good with swimming lessons! I know you must be proud of her. It is amazing what little kids can learn.
* Mary Lou Retton? I LOVE her...I totally had her American Flag gymnastics suit when I was little.
* Hope Alan is feeling better!

Erica said...

Kylie did so great swimming this year!!

I am sure you are doing a wonderful job at VBS with the crafts. You are always your worst critic.

Glad Alan is feeling better...hope the insect stays away from the rest of you:)

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....