6.11.2006

I Finally Watched It!!!

At the urging of some friends, I FINALLY watched The Sound of Music. I know, who hasn't seen this? ME!! I can't tell you how many times that my mother encouraged me to watch it. I even roller skated to the 8 track in our garage growing up. But, I always thought that it looked too corny and I didn't see the attraction to Julie Andrews at all. Also, I grew up in a house full of boys where sports seemed to dominate the television! Having said all that, I can now tell you what I thought about it.

I LOVED IT!!! I watched it all weekend and even tried to get Kylie to watch it with me when she got back from Nana and Poppy's. She was way too tired from swimming and playing and having a blast, but she did manage to see "My Favorite Things" and wanted me to get her the music. I downloaded the whole CD for a great price and she has been in her room dancing and playing to it. I am guessing that she will be in her 30's before she actually sits down and watches it, too.

My next goal is to see all those musicals that I have never been interested in. I went to a high school production of South Pacific with my parents but we sat so far back that I couldn't really see it. That one will be next. And then there is the time that some guy took me to see My Fair Lady but I could only wear one contact because of an eye infection. So I guess that I will want to see that one again. There are lots on the list and I feel like I have a whole lot of catching up. But I am enjoying it and I am elated that I have finally found something new. Plus, I LOVE Julie Andrews! Now, I see what all the fuss is about.

10 comments:

Amber Knauss said...

Traci, Try Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. I thought it was a good one. Hope to you see you soon - Amber

Alyssa said...

I love, love, love musicals! I am glad that you are taking the time to enjoy them. I agree with Amber... 7 Brides for & Brothers is a good one too :)

Erica said...

I cannot believe that you have never seen The Sound of Music. It is a wonderful musical. Glad you are taking the time to enjoy some of the Great musicals. I too need to catch up on some. Maybe we can at least see them at some of the colleges since there are three here. Thanks for always making me smile with your blogs.

Erica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Traci,
I am so glad you watched Sound of Music! Isn't it wonderful? It is one of "My favorite things"! :-)

Don't feel like you are the only one who hasn't watched the "classics", though. I have never seen the Wizard of Oz (and don't plan to actually). The parts of it I have seen were enought to scare me off for a lifetime! :-)

Katina

courtney said...

I have to admit....the mental picture of you skating in your garage to the soundtrack of Sound of Music made me chuckle a bit! :)

mcjacobsjournal said...

I LOVE that you finally watched my all-time favorite movie. Well, okay, maybe not FAVORITE, but definitely my favorite classic musical. It reminds me of childhood and I'm glad you now appreciate it! There are so many good ones out there....I can't wait to read your updates as you watch new ones!

You might have to bust those roller skates back out for all of us.... :)

Kristen OQ said...

I have the Sound of Music memorized (literally) -- it really annoys Kevin when we watch it. I love all musicals...Carousel, West Side Story, South Pacific, etc., etc. I think I have seen just about every Rogers & Hammerstein musical, so if you need a recommendation, let me know!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....