
Last night we had to take a trip to Sears to look for a new dishwasher after ours of five whole years gave out. When we were leaving the mall we made a mad dash through Dillards where we walked right by the women's perfume. Hence the memory that I am getting to.............
When I was about eight years old my Nanny and Paw Paw came to our house one Christmas morning with gifts a plenty. They were really good at spoiling us and since they had never had a little girl sometimes an inappropriate gift was given.
This particular Christmas I remember my Paw Paw came walking through the door as proud as can be. In his hands was a wrapped bottle of Chanel No. 5 for.........no, not my mom, but me! Of course, I was tickled pink! I had the best smelling gerbil, bike, Barbies, etc. on the block! What I would give now to see the look on my mother's face!! I think she got a robe and some tube socks. We still laugh so hard at this memory, except for my mom. I love sharing memories with my family and look forward to also sharing them with my kids someday.
4 comments:
I love hearing your family stories since I adore your family:) I can just see your Mom's face when you got the perfume.
Traci,
That cracks me up! Especially that you had the sweetest-smelling gerbil in the neighborhood...that kills me!! :-)
By the way, thank you so much for listening to me ramble last night on the phone. I really needed to talk and someone to listen; I just didn't know that I did. You made me feel better. Thank you...
Have a great week...
Katina
Excellent blog, Traci. I love that you took the time to record a memory from your childhood that still means something to you and brings a smile to your face.
I would say that Daisy is an upgrade from a gerbil...even a sweet-smelling one!
Thanks for the cute story. It makes me excited about Christmas and we're not even through Halloween!
Post a Comment