10.31.2006

Happy Halloween!

(I love how the best picture of the kids so far has the trash lurking in the background!!)
Tonight the Halloween festivities lasted for almost an hour! It was a great hour, though and I have no complaints. I caved in and dressed Riley as an Arkansas Razorback football player and he was a great sport! He walked with us all over the neighborhood, knocked on a couple of doors, and even said, "Trick or Treat" when prompted! His favorites of the night are Reeses and the neon bracelets. It was so much fun to have him be a part of the family and actually participate. Alan and I are so proud of our little quarterback.





On the other hand, our little Princess was not the best sport. I joked to Alan that we should have dressed them up as Linus and Lucy. Riley dragged his blue blanket all over the street and Kylie was a bit crabby in true "Lucy-style." She was definitely the prettiest Jasmine that I have ever seen but was cold, hungry, and sleepy. After we saw the Halloween snowglobes that she had been eyeing for weeks, she was ready to come home. We weren't home for a minute when she emerged from her room wearing long-sleeved pajamas, a scarf, and a stocking cap. O Brother.




All in all it was a great Halloween and we all are worn out!

Side note: In her journal at Sunshine School she was to write about something that was spooky. Her answer: snowglobes. Now you know.

10 comments:

courtney said...

HA! Too funny with the trash in the background!

The kids look SO cute. Poor Kylie! She probably was freezing, but she looked beautiful!

My brother would be so proud of little Riley....he's a bigtime Razorback fan!!

hollyfouts said...

My pics always have something like that in them that I wish I would have moved before taking the picture....Just reminders of what my house REALLY looked like when the kids are little.

My kids love those "spooky" snowglobe yard things too.

Amber Smith said...

That Kylie is funny! I want to see the picture of Kylie post Halloween in the stocking cap, pj's and scarf. HA!

My kids love to go look at the spooky things in the stores (Target, Wal Mart, etc.) They are too afraid to push the buttons, but are intrigued and want me to push them...again and again and again.

I'm glad you had a happy Halloween with both of your cute kiddoes. Riley is a precious quarterback, but that blanket might be a bit of a handicap when he goes pro.

Nicole said...

I love the idea of Linus and Lucy! That is so funny. Kylie IS a pretty little Jasmine and she cooperated enough to have smiling pictures. She gets kudos for that because I agree with her...it's too cold out for princesses! :-)

We took a drive around the neighborhood the other night to see the halloween decor in front of all the houses. I can't believe how many people decorate for Halloween. I guess I missed the memo that I was supposed to have blow-up pumpkins in my front yard! The whole time Emma kept saying "I'm so lucky that I get to see all the pumpkins!"

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

That was "spooky"!
Love the pics of the kids. Looks like fun times at the Rutledge House.
Tell Kylie I would rather be in my
pj's too!

Alyssa said...

Riley and Kylie look great! Lauren had to wear a long sleeved shirt under her costume to keep warm! I am glad you guys had fun :)

Kristen OQ said...

Those are cute Halloween pictures of your kids. I know you are so proud of Riley going trick-or-treating -- he has come so far!

I miss seeing you 2 days a week!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....