
I had a wonderful birthday this year! It seems like it just keeps getting better every year. Well, except for my 16th birthday when my parents bought me that Honda. It may have been used but I was so surprised!! It was the first present that I actually didn't know about beforehand. Yes, I like to snoop for my presents and I usually find them. Don't hide them in the closet or under the bed if you don't want me to find them. Once at Christmas, my mom actually just stacked unwrapped, untaped boxes in her room. Oh, yeah, I knew everything I was gettin' that year!
So anyway back to my birthday. Alan took off work and he and the kids took me to breakfast at Mimi's. It was delicious and Kylie got her blueberry pamcakes. Alan and I got an omelet since we are trying to watch our carbs. Then, we headed towards Dallas because it was not raining and we actually went to the Dallas Zoo. I was all dressed up in heels but I didn't care. I wanted my babies to have a fun day. Kylie got a ladybug umbrella and Riley carried around a snake in the giftshop. We got it for him because he wouldn't put it down and was hissssss -ing all over the shop. It was a great day for the zoo because a handful of people were there and it was cool outside. The only thing I can complain about is the primates. We didn't see a one and they are one of my favorites! I guess they thought it was going to rain, too.
The kids had a blast and loved seeing the penguins! Riley liked the monkeys and couldn't stop saying, "monkey"! Cute! Next we went to the Dallas World Aquarium. I was really impressed with this place but didn't bring my camera inside. I guess I thought it would be too dark but it was like a rain forest in there. We actually were very close to a sloth! Riley LOVES aquariums. He had a blast. We didn't take the stroller in for him but he stayed with us the whole time and we were very pleased with that. I have tried to recommend the DWA to all my friends but it seems that I am the last one to know about the place. I really need to get out more.
Nana and Poppy took the kids Friday night so Alan and I could have alone time and we had errands and I had a massage the next day. That night we went to Glorias then over to my parents for presents and visiting with family. It was a great weekend! Below are some fun pictures!







3 comments:
I am so glad that you had a wonderful Birthday! Your 21st should be extra special. I have to laugh at you going to the Zoo in High Heels...only you my sweet friend. I love you and cannot wait to hear about many more years of Birthdays.
The kids look precious. I especially love the one of Riley in the stroller...he looks like a King:)
High heels at the zoo?!? You go, you little diva!! Happy belated birthday!!
Traci,
Sounds like you guys had a great time celebrating your birthday! The pictures are adorable. I love the one of Kylie and the butterfly. That is too cool. Riley is SO cute. His little sweater vest is adorable. You guys were all so dressed up and you all looked so nice! I would have had sweats and my sketchers on.... :-)Thanks for posting the pictures. Glad you had a great day!
Love ya,
Katina
Post a Comment