6.22.2007
Hallelujah!
Governor Rick Perry has just signed House Bill 1919 which will require health-insurance providers to include coverage for autism-related services for children ages 3-5. This means that starting September 1, 2007, Riley SHOULD be covered for behavior therapy, speech therapy, and other services that insurance does not currently cover for him. This is a prayer that is being answered and we are celebrating this victory! Please pray that everything works out and this bill will actually stand! This is our big chance for consistent therapy for Riles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
tomorrow
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Kylie got a gift from Meemaw and Peepaw, too. This is how we roll in our family- no one gets left out. Keith loves to watch Mike Huckabee...
-
Update: I am laughing at 2 things! 1. I had to grab a pic off the internet of a dining room that looks similar to my mom's since I didn...
5 comments:
Hi,
I am Dana and I got the link to your site from a friend of mine. My son was just diagnosed with autism too (high functioning too) but it is nice to see some of the same struggles and hear some different suggestions. I am kinda in a frustration mode right now. We just found out in Feb., but I think I always knew something was different about him, just didn't pin the word autism on him cuz my idea of autism was only severe, I never knew there was anything else. I know there are good days and bad days, and it is nice to know someone knows some of the things other people go through. Sometimes I just feel so alone, anyway, just wanted to say hi... I have a blog too
That's awesome, Traci! What great news and what a little bit of relief for you all!
Glad to see you back blogging. I have been wondering where you have been!! Keep posting!!
Traci! I am glad to see a new post! I have missed you....
I am so glad that this bill passed. What wonderful news!
Love you guys,
Katina
I haven't forgotten and I am going to email you, just trying to find the time... summer seems to be more chaotic than the school year.
That is SUCH great news!!! It's about time, don't you think?! I know that will save you many stressful headaches. We'll continue to hope and pray that the bill stands and everything changes QUICKLY!
I sure did love getting to see Riley every day for two weeks, by the way. He is such a precious kiddo with a very special mommy. :)
Post a Comment