8.27.2007

School Kids


Today was the much anticipated first day of school for both kids. Kylie was very nervous about starting school until she went to Meet The Teacher night and met her very sweet, very pregnant teacher...mmm-huh. She also found out that one of her friends, Katelyn was going to be in her class. So this morning she popped up out of her bed and was so very excited about her first day of school.

Alan and I took Kylie to school first and she shed no tears! She grabbed a book and sat in circle time ready for school work! Alan took the day off because he wanted to take and pick up the kids and also because he just knew that I would be a basketcase! Sure I teared up a little but I didn't let one tear fall. I knew she was going to love every minute of being at school. She is more than ready!


Next we took Riley and although he cried on Meet The Teacher night, he walked right in and grabbed a puzzle. His class was way bigger than last year with centers all throughout the room. The assistant knows him well from last year but the teacher is different. She seemed really nice and praised Riley when we picked him up. Also, his speech teacher is a friend of a friend so I know that he is well taken care of in that area. We are hoping that he does as well this year as last year. He DID wear all his clothes and his shoes today....YEA!!


When we picked Kylie up today she let us know that she had a great day and she wanted a hot lunch tomorrow. She also pointed out kids in her class across the parking lot and told us that her friend, Katelyn was not shy today. Pretty good first days!!




8 comments:

Erica said...

Kylie looks so grown up and beautiful!! I love the new outfit!! She seems to have had no problem making herself at home in her new classroom. What a sweetheart!! I am sure that her teacher will adore her.

Riley looks so handsome too. I am so glad to hear that he walked right in and got down to business. I just know that he is going to have a super yearand will steal the hearts of his teachers too.

We will be praying for all of you as the year progresses. Please give them both a hug from us. Love ya!

mcjacobsjournal said...

What CUTIES!! I'm so glad that they both had a great first day. :) Kylie looks so grown up!! And, Riley's school sounds wonderful. I hope this is a great year for them both!

Tracey said...

Go Kylie!!!
I am very proud of her mommy for not shedding a tear!

Nicole said...

That is so cool that she is in class with Katelyn. It will be great to have a church friend there. Your kids look adorable and I'm glad the day went well!

Kristen OQ said...

A big day at your house today! I have been thinking about all of you girls with your little girls going off to Kindergarten this morning. Glad her first day went great (Riley's too!)

Amy said...

What a day! Your kiddoes look so cute. Kylie sounds so independent...kuddoes to her parents. ;-)

Amber Smith said...

What adorable kiddoes! I love Kylie's red outfit! Our kids are getting so big!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! When did Kylie get to be 12? She looks SO grown up! She is too cute. I know you have prepared her well for school. Riley looked SO cute, too. I am so glad that he will have some of the same people from last year. I know he will have a great year!!
Love you all!
Katina
P.S. Did Alan tell you I am doing my student teaching at Sachse High School? I went for the first day of school yesterday, and I had a great day!!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....