
It's Friday of the first week of Kindergarten and Kylie is still smiling! She absolutely loves Kindergarten as well as her teacher, Mrs. T. Mrs. T told them a million times that Wednesday she was just having a doctor's appointment and she would be back on Thursday. That didn't stop Kylie from hearing what she wanted to hear and insisting that Mrs. T was going to the doctor to have her baby. She was pretty surprised when Mrs. T was there the next morning with a big belly. Not too big, though! :)
Kylie has already had a couple of warnings from playing and talking to her friend, Katelyn. Mrs. T said that they were glued at the hip. She finally gave them assigned seats no where near each other and yesterday Kylie came home and said, "I'm on BLUEEEE!" Apparently blue is extra special for only a few kids and way better than green. She said that she was the only one sitting quietly in circle doing the right thing.
We have walked to school a couple of days this week and I even took Riley and Daisy to go get her and Katelyn after school the one day that it wasn't raining. She was so happy to see us and when I told her that we were walking home, she asked in usual Sharpay fashion, "You mean the van is not here???"
Kylie loves to buy her lunch and has asked me several times when I am going to come eat brunch, I mean, lunch at 10:30 with her. I had to gently break it to her that I will be in Dallas with Riley at that time and I may never get to eat lunch with her. So sad!
This has been a great week and I love all of our schedules but next week the schedule will change. No more walking to and from school. Alan is going to have to take Kylie and she will have to walk into the doors and find her classroom by herself! I have prepared her for this all week and have even walked behind her yesterday and today. She knows right where her class is but is very nervous about the front doors leading into the school. They are very heavy and she can't open them by herself. I just told her to walk in behind another student and she would be fine. We are going to set up a carpool with Katelyn in the morning so they can walk in together. We need NO DRAMA in the morning!
On to the revised schedule. Starting next week, I will drive Riley to his new school in Downtown Dallas which starts at 9am and ends at 11:30. Sure I am going to hate rush hour traffic every day but we are so excited at this opportunity for Riley's speech to amazingly grow at this wonderful school! Alan and I visited the school on Wednesday and we were able to watch from the Observation Deck. Riley will have his own therapist, Kristen, and she will work with him one on one and even in small and big groups, which is no more than eight children. We were so amazed at everything they do and truly feel that this is a gift from God. We have been waiting for something like this for Riley and it was placed right in front of us at just the right time! Also, we met some wonderful Mommies, one from the town where we live!, and they gave us a WEALTH of information on free services and different kinds of therapy Riley may need. I made Mommy Business Cards to hand out so we can keep in touch. They are so very handy. If anyone wants some, let me know and the much-needed funds will go to Riley's school account! Here is a sample of the front. The back houses information about your kids.

At 11:30, I will rush home and have Riley go to the PPCD program at the school he was placed in. He will be finished at 3pm. It will be quite a long day for him so I pray that he can handle it and not be too overwhelmed. I will be rushing to get kids at 2:45 at one school, then over to Riley's school to pick him up on time by 3. But a really great thing is that I can be a part of Kylie's school parties and the small pep rally that they have on Fridays without worrying about little Riles.
So that's our first week in a nut shell. Next week will start the insanity and chaos that I love so much. I just hope that I can fit some work-outs in next week. I loved my Yoga class this week but I will gladly give that up for sweet Riley. Today was a great, quiet day. After I dropped Kylie off for the last time, I met up with Stephanie at Starbucks for my Chai Tea Latte and we were able to catch up and spend girl time together. Yea, for the first week of school!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment