It's official.....I am a chauffeur! I spend so much time in the car taking my kids here and there these days. We are so busy and on a schedule and me and both the kids are LOVING IT! I guess I am a schedule kind of girl but I never really knew it. I really enjoy taking Riles to school and having time just for us. I have never had that alone time with him before and it's pretty special. I have found a pretty nifty way to downtown Dallas and I get there in under an hour. Except on rainy days and that takes about 2 hours! UGH!!
But, other than that, the drive is really okay. Riley and I sing his songs in the car and he gets so excited when we reach his school, or as he calls it, "COOOOLLL!" He is doing really well and making so much progress. I love to watch him from the Observation Gallery and talk to the other moms. I have learned alot from their experiences and have also had some reading time for myself.
When he's done with Early Class, I try to have his lunch waiting for him to eat in the car. We really have to rush to get back to his afternoon school and are usually 20-30 minutes late but he goes right to circle time and tolerates BIG school really well. Both of the teachers have been so great to him and really accomodating to his needs. I feel good knowing that we have such great support at that Elementary School.
Kylie is doing well also. I love to pick her up and hear all that she has to say, which is what color she was on for the day and who had to move their pin. She has met a couple of little girls and talks about them quite a bit. Alan went to eat with her and later told me that one of her friends talked non-stop! She's going through a phase where she doesn't want to wear skirts or bows. :( She pretty much likes to be covered up from head to toe. I have one that wants to wear flannel and one that strips to his pull up when he gets home!
So, not much time for blogging lately as Riley wants the computer all to himself in the afternoon. I don't blame him....he's putting in long hours and we haven't even started individual speech and occupational therapies yet. More later about that. I am off to Kylie's school pep rally.......insert Kylie screaming, "IT'S NOT A PEP RALLY, IT'S COYOTE CALL OUT!!!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
tomorrow
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Kylie got a gift from Meemaw and Peepaw, too. This is how we roll in our family- no one gets left out. Keith loves to watch Mike Huckabee...
-
Update: I am laughing at 2 things! 1. I had to grab a pic off the internet of a dining room that looks similar to my mom's since I didn...
2 comments:
It sounds like you are super busy but doin it well! Glad all is going well for you and your family.
I just have to say that I love you! I love the way you are always searching to do what is best for both of your children. God has placed them in such a wonderful loving home with you and Alan. I can definitely see God's hands working for Riley right now in all the wonderful things that he is learning at his new school and at home. What a gift he is to us:) We love you all and cannot wait to see you again.
Post a Comment