We had a pretty good Valentines this year. Both the kids had parties and both the kids were happy. That makes for a happy mommy and daddy. Riley and I had a great time decorating his Valentines cards for both of his classes. He helped glue paper hearts on the paper, stamp red hearts on the inside of the card, and he wrote his name on all the cards. Sure we had to do it in spurts, he got really tired of writing his name so much!
Kylie breezed through writing her Valentines cards. Mrs.Thomason sent a list home with all the names of the kids in her class and she said, “I don’t need that. I can do it myself!” Apparently she knows the first and last name with correct spelling PLUS the alphabetical order of the class. We can ask, “Who is #17 in the roll?” and she will tell us. It was a little strange but then I remembered that she loves to make the class roll at home and she probably just memorized them from sight instead of just hearing Mrs.T call out everyones names.
Also, Riley decorated the kitchen with paper hearts. They were ALL over the house. Then he used cute feet stickers to decorate the bathroom. Those were his potty-training stickers and he found them and was so proud of himself. I’ve got a lot of scrubbing to do!
I went to Kylie’s party at school and they were playing a game when I got there. She seemed excited and couldn’t wait to get home and look at her Valentines! That was always so much fun to me, too. Here is her class picture with and without Mrs. T. Pretty cute class. She couldn’t wait to tell me that she and Marisa wore the same heart shirt!
I didn’t go to Riley’s party but I did send a GFCF cupcake. He loves icing!!
That night we had gymnastics as usual and Alan met us up at the gym. He said, “Surprise! I thought we could go out to eat for VDay!” I quickly reminded him that I didn’t have food for Riles and so we ended up going home and eating soup from Fish City Grill. Alan had gotten Valentines flowers for me and a balloon with candy and a stuffed animal for Kylie. I made Riley some chicken and french fries which he ate pretty good. All in all it was a pretty good VDay for all of us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
tomorrow
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Update: I am laughing at 2 things! 1. I had to grab a pic off the internet of a dining room that looks similar to my mom's since I didn...
-
Nope- I didn't do a blog post yesterday. Quite frankly, my feelings were hurt and I was really disappointed. It's a shame that in th...
-
Last night I got the pleasure of meeting my first bloggy friend ever!! Ever since most of my real life bloggy friends fell off the wagon, I ...
No comments:
Post a Comment