I watched the Oscars last night in between getting school stuff ready and folding clothes and I have to tell ya, I was NOT impressed. Apparently it was the lowest rating Oscars in 21 years. That’s pretty sad considering that it was Oscars 80th year.
This was by far the least appealing Oscars show right off the bat for me. There were no movies that I wanted to check out just because they were nominated. I’m not a fan of gory movies and it seemed like that was the theme of the evening, with the exception of Juno, which I would actually like to see.
Jon Stewart did an okay job but I really miss the Billy Crystal days! That time he did that spoof when Jerry McGuire was nominated was classic! I also really enjoyed Ellen Degeneres last year. This year I just felt like something was missing. Speaking of missing, they left footage of Whoopi Goldberg out of the line-up of Oscar hosts over the years. I felt really bad for her because she practically boo-hood on The View this morning over the slight.
(I know how you feel, Whoopi! I feel like I am left out of something at least once a month. Girls can be so catty!)
I did watch the Red Carpet footage before the Oscars and I have my favorite and not so favorite looks ready. Also, WHAT was up with Gary Busey? Freak!!
ABSOLUTE FAVORITE LOOK
HEIDI KLUM
I think Heidi looks gorgeous in this dress. She can do no wrong fashion-wise! Love her!
JENNIFER GARDNER
She looks great in this dress! Although I have to admit that I do like her with way less make-up than she had on last night.
KATHERINE HEIGL
Another beautiful red dress. I thought she looked like Old Hollywood Glam. She was so nervous at the podium but still looked great!
PENELOPE CRUZ
I always look forward to what Penelope will wear. Last year she wore a pinkish dress with feathers that I LOVED! I like this dress on her and she has such a pretty smile!
NOT SO FAVORITES
I’m not trying to be mean, however, these girls have great potential but are in need of a new stylist. Kinda like Britney. Here’s my chance to spread the cattiness! Meow!
JENNIFER HUDSON
Jennifer, Jennifer, Jennifer, What were you thinking? You lost some weight and you wear white? I normally wouldn’t rag on her but her dress last year was hideous as well! I still love ya, girl!
NICOLE KIDMAN
The bling was way too much! Show off your baby bump and be proud!
KELLY PRESTON
Do you have any Grey Poupon?
WORST HAIR
CAMERON DIAZ
I actually really loved her dress, but I am mad that she forgot to do her hair!! Show some pride, Cameron!
So those are my favorite and not so favorite looks. I can’t wait to see what that British Guy on the E! channel is going to say!
Let me know if you watched and what you liked and didn’t like!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
tomorrow
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Kylie got a gift from Meemaw and Peepaw, too. This is how we roll in our family- no one gets left out. Keith loves to watch Mike Huckabee...
-
Update: I am laughing at 2 things! 1. I had to grab a pic off the internet of a dining room that looks similar to my mom's since I didn...
No comments:
Post a Comment