Barnes & Noble is partnering with Autism Speaks and honoring Autism Awareness Month. Certain B&N’s near you will be holding events that involve speakers from area hospitals and special education resources and most are holding a designated story time.
The information provided below was taken from the Barnes & Noble website:
Let’s Be Friends Storytime is a national event in support of Autism Awareness Month that is taking place at Barnes & Noble stores throughout April. The purpose of these special events is to raise awareness about Autism, a neurobiological disorder that affects 1 in 150 children in the United States.
To find out if your local store is participating and what events are taking place, simply enter your zip code here.
If you can’t make it to the store, the B&N website will let you read the book online by clicking on the See Inside icon. Below is a picture of the book and a synopsis.
Since We're Friends is the moving and inspirational story of an autistic child and the boy who makes a difference in his life -- by offering compassion, understanding, empathy, and, ultimately, the greatest gift of all: friendship.
This is such a great idea and I am thrilled that the awareness is so monumental this year! I will not be taking Riley to our local story time because he is having a back-scratch allergy test at the same time. Ouch! I do plan on getting the book, though. I think that it may help Kylie understand a little bit better and I am sure that in the near future, I will be reading it to Riles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
tomorrow
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Kylie got a gift from Meemaw and Peepaw, too. This is how we roll in our family- no one gets left out. Keith loves to watch Mike Huckabee...
-
Update: I am laughing at 2 things! 1. I had to grab a pic off the internet of a dining room that looks similar to my mom's since I didn...
No comments:
Post a Comment