4.14.2008

Gone To DC

gone, baby, gone
april14
This week it’s just me and Riles. Yep, Alan and Kylie are gone on a holiday (that’s for you, Steph and Amy!) to Washington D.C. to help Aunt Essie move. They flew to Little Rock on Saturday morning. It was Kylie’s first flight and she was a little nervous that morning when I drove them to Love Field. In fact, she called me on my cell before I was getting on the Tollway to come back home and told me that she changed her mind! I pumped her up and told her how much fun she was going to have at her final destination, Washington D.C. Alan later told me that she loved take-off and she wasn’t nervous anymore but she still wished I had gone with them. Then they spent the day with Meemaw and Peepaw in Little Rock. Kylie got to play with her cousins, Brooke and Braden and Alan got to load the UHaul with Essie’s stuff.

Sunday morning they got up and drove to D.C. They were going to stop that night in Charlottesville, VA to see Aunt Rae & Uncle Jerry. Alan said that Kylie wore her pj’s in the car and took a great nap! Her cousins really wore her out, man, I wish they lived closer. He also said that she hasn’t complained once which is pretty unbelievable! I talked to Alan today and they are hanging out in VA and will go to D.C. in the morning. I can’t wait for her to see D.C. I know she is going to be amazed at The White House. A little boy in her class told her to make sure and take a picture of the President for him.

We are really going to miss having Aunt Essie around. She got a job in D.C. and I know that she will be ten times more busy than she is now! We are so proud of her!!

Riley and I have just been playing and hanging out. He has really been keeping me busy! I taught him to drink out of a cup last week!! Yea, no more nasty blue sippy cup from when he was a toddler!! And, today I taught him to use a straw, a skill that he has lost from his toddler years. Also, we have been in underwear with no accidents! I have to take him frequently because he won’t tell me unless we are out and about, which is very strange to me. Why does he like other bathrooms instead of the ones at his house? We will be in the middle of a meal and he will look at me and say, “Bathroom!” Alrighty.

He is really getting some special attention and his favorite saying is, “One more time”. He gets anything he wants when he says that!

I really miss Kylie and I can’t wait for them to get home! She is going to have so much to draw about!!

Thank you to everyone who took the time to email or call us this month! We really felt so much support from all our friends and family! A little note of encouragement was worth SO much!!

No comments:

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....