4.20.2008

Early Class

This is the last full week of Early CLASS. Riley will be going to the summer program (Yea! The first summer he has ever been in school!) but we are going to lose a lot of his friends and my friends, too. I have spent most every week day since September up at that school and have grown quite fond of all the mothers of Riley’s friends. We have gone on shopping trips, exchanged tips and ideas, ate brunch together, and sometimes had some not so great days together. They have all seen me cry and laugh, and have seen Riley’s good days, as well as his bad days.

It’s going to be different this summer and I won’t feel as lonely with Kylie tagging along but I am sure going to miss those mothers! It’s not like I will not see them again, we do have trips planned already, but I have a pretty hard time with change. I’m sure this will be a chance for me to mentor new moms and guide them through the process. Riley will get a new clinician and we will have to go through the initiation process again, but I am fairly confident that it won’t take long and he will do great!

He’s already doing so well (at home) with his awareness and communication. When I look back at this time last year, I am amazed at his progress! Of course, he has had the best teachers, clinicians, and family helping him along the way but I am fairly confident that this little soul will soon be moving mountains!

No comments:

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....