Where do I begin? This has been a crazy month. First, Keith (Alan's dad) was diagnosed with colon cancer and had a successful surgery to have the tumor removed, then Alan went to Northwest Arkansas to interview for a job, and then we were blessed with the sweetest and prettiest little niece ever from Kyri and Jeff.
We were supposed to have to wait until the end of the month to find out about the job, but they contacted Alan a little over a week ago and offered him a position to start October 6. We have talked about it and this is a great opportunity for our family and we just can't pass it up. Of course, we will be leaving my family here in Dallas and are really sad about that. We see each other so much and my parents really help out with the kids on the weekend so Alan and I can have some alone time. The good news is that we will gain lots of cousins and 2nd cousins in Arkansas and are hopeful that the healthcare and education system are closer to what we envision for helping Riley.
Please pray for our family and that we are doing the best thing for us and that we will have a successful move. Also, pray for my family as they cope with not seeing us each week. I don't know, it might be a HUGE relief for them! :) Lastly, pray for Keith and that they are able to control the cancer with treatments.
Thank you so much for supporting us in all we do! :)
Not to give away where Alan got a job but let's just say that I am going to have to say "Au Revoir" to my favorite store that starts and ends with a "T"!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
tomorrow
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Kylie got a gift from Meemaw and Peepaw, too. This is how we roll in our family- no one gets left out. Keith loves to watch Mike Huckabee...
-
Update: I am laughing at 2 things! 1. I had to grab a pic off the internet of a dining room that looks similar to my mom's since I didn...
10 comments:
Congratulations!! That is so great! Y'all will probably LOVE NW AR! My brother lives there (Springdale) and loves it. We love visiting him b/c it's so pretty there. Y'all will be moving at a great time b/c the leaves should be changing shortly after you get there--it's the prettiest time of the year.
Wow, I know its really hard to make big moving type decisions. Especially once you have kids. I wish you guys the best in your move. I can't wait to hear more about it!
Congratulations on the big job! I am so excited for you guys and pray that it is a smooth transition for your family. I know you will be missed so much here in the big D! Keep us posted...you will have lots of old Harding alumni company up in NW Ark!
Wow! Congrats on the new job. It sounds so good. I'm sure it was a tough decision. I bet the health benefits at the job will be good for Riley! Best wishes for smooth transitions.
WOO HOO!!!
I am STILL excited and can't believe it!!
BTW, they are building 2 new houses across the street!!!
wow, lots going on with you guys! I will pray about everything you mentioned!
So exciting about the move! It took us a little while to transition to small town life after living in Dallas, but we're so glad we did it. We can't imagine living anywhere else. Good luck!
Congrats on the new job! I hope the move is a smooth transition for your entire family! Where in NW Arkansas will you be living?
Yea! I can get on yoru blog again! Very exciting about your move! Prayers are being said by yours truely!
Post a Comment