9.09.2008

Weekend In Arkansas

This weekend, the kids and I drove to Arkansas to meet Alan at Meemaw and Peepaw's house. Alan had some bizness in Northwest Arkansas and met us in Batesville late Friday night. That was the first time I had driven that drive since Harding days over ten years ago! The kids did great and one time when I looked at the temp, it was 68 degrees! The weather was really lovely the whole time we were there. I mean- open the windows and feel the cool breeze- type of weather!

One reason that we went was to see Peepaw. They found a tumor during a colonoscopy and he had to have surgery to have it removed last week. He's tough and we expect him to make a full recovery. We will also find out more details in the next coming weeks so keep them in your prayers. I can't tell you how important colonoscopies are. Yes, they are miserable- but they can save a life if something is found early enough. I had one a couple of months ago and I am urging my parents to do the same.

We also got to eat some great food and visit with Aunt Essie. She flew in from attending the RNC and was all fired up! Here's Kylie shucking corn- it was delicious- and a picture of Essie and Meemaw in the kitchen cooking.





We left on Sunday and stopped by Little Rock to get the Tahoe from Meemaw and Peepaw's house. They are kind enough to let us borrow it since Alan's car died a month ago. Kylie called it the "Tahoo" and then I chased her around the house screaming to yank her other top tooth out. I couldn't stand that tooth dangling and I wanted them both to come in before Christmas. Bad parenting or smart mommy? :)

No comments:

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....