5.27.2010

Kylie's First Recital


Almost two weeks ago, or was it more?- Kylie had her first recital. It was so much fun to watch her work her moves up on that stage and we know that there will be many more in the future.


It's no secret to my family that I have been trying to push Kylie in the cheerleader direction all of her 8 years on this earth. I lived for gymnastics and cheerleading and it was a great way for me to meet people and be involved when I was younger throughout high school. I thought the same for Kylie but children do have a mind of their own!


So when she came to me in December and wanted to join a cheer/pom pom class that one of her friends was taking at a dance studio, I went and signed her up that day. She started the class at the beginning of January and she worked really hard to know the routine just as well as the other girls who started a couple of months before. Plus, we had the whole "dog eating the costume" drama. Needless to say, when the recital came around, I was really ready to get it over with.



She was fabulous! She looked adorable, did all the moves like we practiced, and made the family proud! My parents came down for the recital, so she had the whole family here for her. We showered her with gifts and flowers after the recital and a cake to show her how proud we were.





There were no pictures during the recital but my mom and I got plenty at the rehearsal that morning. Now she wants to add jazz to the mix next year. I love how she can be good at more than one thing. Combined with her piano and voice lessons and we may just have a star in the making! After all, it's in her blood.

{ I am the blonde on the right in both pics}

7 comments:

Summer said...

Hahahahaha I think we are more alike than I ever knew! I may or may not have been planning Kelcee's cheerleading since before she was born ha! Everyone um in our family I think knows if that is what she wants to do I am sooo for it LOL.... I had her in mommy and me gymnastics when she was 1!! Then I got sick and we are gonna put her back in this year!

I sooo am putting her in dance too :0)
Kylie looks way to cute and so presh in her outfit! You were one proud momma, love that you gave her flowers and a little party for her success that is so what I vision doing for little Kelcee....

OMG was is standard when we were in dance to wear those hats....I have pics and a dance video when I was 8 with one of those top hat thingys and girl it was so funny cause the hat was to big and it kept falling down and me being the free spirited soul I am just kinda took it off and chucked it to the side hahahahah :0)

Have a great day
xoxo
Summer :0)

Jen said...

Love this!!!

Brooke said...

She looked so pretty! I danced and cheered too!

Robyn Lee said...

OH very cute!!! : ) TT takes a dance class too, and has a recital in July. I would never have thought of having a cake! How adorable, I love it! : ) Good job Momma!

Samantha said...

She looks GREAT mom!!

Maggi said...

How cute, congrats to her! I love seeing the pictures of you too!

Anonymous said...

1000% PRESH!!!!!!!!!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....