Riley's Homeroom Class performed a song Monday morning at our school's Rise and Shine (kind of a meeting/pep rally that they have every Monday morning.) His Homeroom teacher is an amazing woman and she has about 4 special needs kids in her class, bless her heart. Riley comes in the afternoon for an hour with an aide (who is amazing as well) and the other 3 stay in the classroom almost all day. I seriously don't know how she does it because I subbed for her last week and I am still tired and a bit shell shocked! :)
She has insisted from the beginning that Riley participate in Rise and Shine with his aide. Alan and I were skeptical about him walking up in front of the whole school, teacher, and parents with his class and performing a song without a hitch, but we gathered up the camera and video and attended in the hopes that Riley would rise to the occasion and wow us all!
We were wowed- to say the least!
While parents and kids were filing into the cafeteria, Riley led his class onto the risers. We saw him whimper just a bit but his teacher and aide were there right by him telling him that he could do it. They all had matching shirts and looked so cute! Riley looked right at me and for the first time ever, I saw a recognition that I had not yet seen from him. He knew that we were there for him and he wanted to make us proud!
Although he didn't sing the song as powerful as he does in the car or his room, he stayed up there and sang and we are SO proud of him!
I love the song that they picked out and it makes me a little emotional each time I hear it. It certainly applies to us all!
I love the song that they picked out and it makes me a little emotional each time I hear it. It certainly applies to us all!
4 comments:
So cute and impressive! I know you are so proud!
Yay!!! That was seriously so touching!!! Made me tear up with joy. =) I know that must have been such a huge moment for all of you. And yay for Riley's teacher. Sounds like he's got a great one!!! LOVE THIS!!!
Oh my can I have some kleenex please? What an amazing son you have!
So great! That is wonderful that he did so well, I know you guys had to be so proud. He looks so big too! Happy for him and you guys.
Post a Comment