5.15.2011

Character Autograph Book


Before we left for the trip, I had decided not to buy Kylie a character autograph book online. I thought since she was 9 that maybe she was too old to get character autographs. Then I started thinking.......maybe if she wanted their autograph, that would definitely force her to get in line for a picture and actually talk to the characters. Without one, my shy little princess wouldn't stand a chance.

So, we made one- scrapbook style. Now, when I say "we", I actually mean ME! I was the one that started the book and knew exactly where I wanted to go with it. I started printing things and scrappin' and gluein' and Kylie walked in and said, "Hey, I wanna do some pages!" Did I want to hand over my project to her? No. Did I need to hand this project over to her. Absolutely! So, I handed each page over to Kylie to do her way and I bit my lip a lot of the time because it wasn't how I would do it. But, it was so good for her to go with it and show me that she is not so little anymore and can handle scrapping her own autograph book. And she did a GREAT job with it!!

Rapunzel's page kept falling off. Why didn't I bring glue?

So, when people at the park said, "WoW! Did you make that autograph book?" She would proudly say, "Yes I did!" and she deserved that praise. Alan knew that I put a lot of work into it, tho. :)


Anyway, that book was THE stuff! The Cast Members loved it and always commented on it, the characters loved it, and most people in line always seemed to make a sweet comment about it. Kylie had a bag full of Sharpies and while she stood in line, she would decide which character got which color. I love my girl!

we LOVED the way Pluto signed autographs

Minnie was excited that she was the main character on the book


We had decided to get certain character's autographs so each chosen character had a page and we were on a mission to get only those signatures. Thank goodness that we got to take Miss Piggy off because Kylie really wanted to see Lotso bear. So while we were in line she took Miss Piggy's picture and embellishment off and wrote Lotso's name at the top so he would have a page. It was a blessing that Lotso went with pink, too. ha!

Please sign this but I am dying to smell your tummy!!
The only character that we did NOT see was that darn Pocahontus! Somehow we missed her the day we went to Animal Kingdom and we were not going to go back there. So, when we saw Pinocchio had a rather short line, she was okay with taking Pokey's picture off the page and writing in Pinocchio's name. Whew! Crisis averted. Kylie was suprisingly okay with that, too.


Everything was going great until the next to the last day when we went to the Mary Poppins and Alice in Wonderland breakfast. Alice decided not to come and so we were left with only her signature to complete the book! I wouldn't have been so mad but we had seen Alice the day before and had decided not to stand in her short line to get her autograph since we would see her at the breakfast.

The Mad Hatter showed up at breakfast, Alice!!
So, when we went to Magic Kingdom after breakfast, we found Alice and stood in line for her autograph. Not long after, we looked up and the white rabbit was in her place! What the? Alice had to wash her tea cups or something- I was so angry!! It's hilarious that Ke$ha got her picture with the white rabbit right after we left. Can't we catch a break? :)

Kylie and I then rushed over to Epcot since that's the other place that Alice visits. We saw her line, jumped in it and a cast member tells us that Alice is going on a break. Luckily it was only a 15 minute break so we stayed in line anyway! You would be surprised at how many people scoffed at 15 minutes and claimed that they couldn't wait that long. Do you know long we waited for Jazmin and Aladdin? Tinkerbell? Sheesh!

Finally, we got to meet Alice and she was quite lovely. We sighed a sign of relief and felt relaxed the rest of the day and the next day until we left. Our book was complete!!

Does the flower in your hair sing, love?

I loved the signature of Tinkerbell and Chip and Dale

We were the FIRST ones to see Mulan walking out
So, it is really nice that we have the book and the memories, but was it worth it? In the end, yes!  But, there will be no more hunting down characters next time. If we happen upon them and want a picture, fantastic!!

Next: Day 5 @ Epcot
(Alan was sad that he got NO comments? What's up, family??)

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love the scrapbook of autographs. My two children are 1 and 2 and I hope to take them to Disney World when they are about 5 and 6. I would love to do this with them.

Alicia said...

You are so talented! Graphic designer, teacher extrodinair (I know I just butchered the spelling!) wonderful Mommy, and a fab friend I just don't get to see enough of!!! You amaze me!!! I miss talking to you! If our girls get the same teacher next year, let's co homeroom Mom!!!!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....