6.18.2011

School is OUT!

School is finally out and we have six fantastic weeks of playing before it all starts again. I can't believe that Kylie is going to be a 4th grader! She's gonna rule the school! Her last year at Elm Tree and she has so much to look forward to. The 4th Grade Play, Girls on the Run, Daddy-Daughter Dance, and The Walk.

She is definitely excited about 4th grade but I think she's more excited about middle school where she gets her own locker and gets to go to different classes all day. I haven't told her that it also means she's going to come in contact with more people each day and needs to be organized and prepared for EACH class! We will talk about that this time next year, tho.

We did so much stuff near the end of the year that I never got a chance to blog about. Here it goes:


Kylie went to her spring piano/singing recital. I was sick so she dressed herself. I hear she did great! I think we have it on video. Yes, we are THAT behind. She also got a new teacher. Janelle moved to Texas and Kylie cried all night when she heard the news. She and Janelle had a special bond and Kylie was convinced that she would never have a teacher like her again. Then Mrs. Mary showed up and Kylie LOVES her! Absolutely LOVES her! She is the wife of Kylie's music teacher at school and she thinks a whole lot of him. So glad it worked out okay!


 We watched Tangled and my mom got Kylie a wig like Rapunzel's. Kylie has not only been Rapunzel but also dressed up like Lady Gaga one day. I know.


Riley wanted to dress up like Lady Gaga as well.


Kylie REALLY wants a phone for her birthday. She hijacks mine every chance she gets and ignores all calls and texts while she is on the phone. Luckily, I'm okay with sharing. Also, I am due for a new phone so when they happens- voila! she gets my old phone. I'm not crazy!


Riley is still coordinating his own photo shoots. ha!


Kylie was in the running club this spring and she ran a 5K with Alan in May. All the elementary schools in our town were represented and we had a lot of participants from our school. She ran the WHOLE time with maybe a stop or two and came in around 36 minutes with Alan right behind her. When she saw me near the finish line, she started crying and almost broke down right there. I pointed to the finish line and told her to finish and then ran through 100 people to find her. It wore her out! She did great, though and we are ready for the running club in the fall. She also lost a lot of weight and really watched what she ate. I wanna join a running club!

Hanging out with friends on our off weeks!





Kylie did a project on Alice Walton for her famous person from Arkansas project. I thought it was SO Kylie since Kylie loves art and Alice has contributed to a huge art museum to be located right here in Bentonville called Crystal Bridges Museum. It opens 11/11/11 and we are so excited about it. It's going to bring nice restaurants and other things here which are so needed! 



Fun and Field Day. I was subbing for another 3rd Grade Class that day but was lucky enough to get some pics of Kylie and her class in action.


Riley and his OT, Kendra.


Cute little Riles getting ready to go down the inflatable slide.


Riley's AWESOME teacher who will be leaving to take a position in adaptive p.e. Riley will still get to see her two times a week and she will be great at p.e. for our kids. But, everyone is SO sad that she is leaving. No one can replace her. Especially the 22 year old blonde without experience that was hired for the lead teacher in a specialized autism room. Don't EVEN get me started!! I'm just wondering if she will introduce me to her daddy or whoever is on the school board. I would love a job at one of the schools in our area! 

By the way, this is MY blog and MY thoughts WILL be addressed. If you don't like it, don't read!! But for the record, no one looks at my blog who would be offended by it. I don't think. :p


Sliding down the slide and LOVING it!!


Kylie and her computer teacher, Mrs. B. We LOVE her! She taught Kylie how to make a slideshow on Powerpoint and Kylie has used that skill to death! Including making a slideshow of what her mansion will look like someday. Yes, I have my own huge room and bathroom in it! :)


Riley and Ms. Amy. We adore Amy and am so glad that she will be with Riley next year in spite of all the craziness! He adores her, too, but is just tired of taking pictures. Oh, Riley!


Ms. Jennifer and Riley. Adore her too!! She is so gentle and sweet with Riley and honestly, whenever I see her, I smile. :)


I FINALLY got a picture of Kylie and her teacher. Mrs. C is so sweet and Kylie loves her so much! She is leaving to stay at home with her 1 year old twins and we will miss seeing her. She's a great teacher, too! Kylie ROCKED the benchmark earning advanced scores in each and made all A's for the year. We are so proud of her!

Kylie also learned to ride her bike without training wheels. Yes, you read that right. She is almost 10 and has never desired to do it. She has a fear of falling down and just didn't even want to look at her bike until a new friend moved into the neighborhood that rides hers all over. So one day I took off the training wheels and she got it. I think I was riding around the neighborhood at 5 but it was a different time. I would love for my children to just stay in the front or back yard with me watching them every second. It's a scary world out there!

It was a great year and we are excited about swim lessons, pottery camp, Glee camp, VBS, spending the night with friends, riding bikes all over the neighborhood, and Kylie's birthday. And we have to do it all in 6 weeks!!

No comments:

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....