5.03.2006

Mommy Pay

Listen up, all you full time mommies. As I was doing my Wednesday household chores, Channel 8 News was playing in the background. I heard a story on how much stay at moms are worth. Apparently salary.com says that we should make a six figure salary. This year's salary came out to $134,121 for being the following:

Housekeeper
Daycare Center
Teacher
Cook
Computer Operator
Laundry Assistant
Janitor
Facilities
Manager
Van Driver
CEO
Psychologist

Now, I believe that my husband would argue to lower my wage since my cooking isn't as often as he would expect! But, I am happy with the job I do and I am very grateful to be able to stay at home. I am not complaining!!

By the way, working moms should make $85,876 for their mommy duties outside of the house!

Tell me what you think!! I know exactly what Mrs. Beard is thinking!!

3 comments:

hollyfouts said...

I am thinking that my salary might get docked in more than one of these areas. But the way I figure it is that I make half of Lane's salary (although he'd probably say I take more than half:) Unfortunately my half comes out to just a little less than $134,000. But the rest is made up for with the sweet hugs, kisses, games, books, laughs, etc. and getting to spend these precious years with my kiddos. I wouldn't trade staying home with those kids for any 6 figure salary job!

Erica said...

AMEN!! I think the news left out a few like Nurse/Doctor, Personal Shopper for husband and kiddos, Minor Car Care, seamstress when Kaylee's "lovie" is frayed, and Walking Dictionary for my 4 year old. If you add up my copay as a nurse/doctor the salary would be even higher. However, I could not ever put a price on all the love, firsts I get to witness, and just being a Mommy. I am truly blessed beyond measure!

Thanks for the breakdown
Traci...maybe I should ask for a raise. I would love to know Mr. Alan's take on this:) Love ya!!

Kristen OQ said...

I would definitely get a pay dock in the laundry department -- our piles keep growing and growing (and I keep letting them!) But maybe I make up for the laundry in the computer operator/blog-world communicator department? Come to think of it, I spend so much time on the computer these days, I might deserve a raise like Erica!

But like the rest of you...I wouldn't trade these days for anything -- I told my parents when I grew up, I just wanted to be a mommy...so I am living out my life-long dream!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....