It's been a while since I have posted anything and I have alot to cover so here goes:
Alan took Kylie to her first dentist appointment and she did great! She let her new friend, Meredith, clean and floss her teeth without a fuss. When she came home, she played Dr. Meredith and cleaned her baby doll's teeth. All two of them! And she did use the rubber gloves, too! It was so fun to watch her be so excited about wanting to be a dentist when she grows up. We have noticed that our sweet little baby is growing up. She actually told Alan that she didn't have three hands the other day when he wanted her to carry something into the house. She has become really nosy, too. She is into all of our conversations and is often correcting us. This is what I prayed for when she was just a shy, quiet little toddler. Everything she does amazes me and I am so glad that she is coming into her own.
Now, about Riles:
Riley got the throw-up virus this weekend after the little boy I keep gave it to him. His parents told me that it was just something he ate, too.....aaarrrghhhh! So, we shipped Kylie off to Nana and Poppy's and I stayed home with Riles and watched a lot of movies! I will rate them at the bottom.
Anyways, we have a really great opportunity to send Riley to a camp this summer. It is Monday thru Thursday, 9-1, for eight weeks and they will work on getting him to talk. The woman who is running the camp came by to see Riles today and you wouldn't believe how many things she got him to say. She seriously would not give up until he said the word that they were working on. She was AMAZING with him and I was in awe! When she left, he actually told her bye-bye and waved. The only roadblock is the money, of course. SO EXPENSIVE!! We are thinking of having a garage sale and asking family and friends to donate things so that we can raise the money for the camp. This opportunity could help Riley so much!!
June is going to be such a busy month for us. We have Walk Now!, swimming lessons, Vacation Bible School, camp, and a vacation to San Antonio with my parents in July.
If you are wondering, YES I had free tickets to Lisa Loeb, courtesy of Jeff and Kyri! And NO I didn't get to go because I had a meeting!!
Okay, these are the movies that I have seen from Blockbuster with a short narration after each. I must be in a good mood tonight.
The Family Stone
LOVED this movie! This was a great movie to me because this was clearly not a perfect family! I hate those perfect families on t.v.! Owen Wilson was so funny and real and Claire Daines did a wonderful job. This was the only time that I didn't like SJP's character but I think she did a great acting job. I would own this movie. I think Rachel McAdams character was my long lost sister!
Rumor Has It
I rented this video because I love Jennifer Aniston and Mark Ruffalo! It was okay, not a GREAT storyline but those two always keep my attention. Kevin Costner was also in it and he's getting old. I definitely didn't want them to end up together! I would probably give this two stars!
Whatever It Takes
This was a movie that I started watching at the spa while I was getting a pedicure. It is a high school movie where the guy and girl are best friends, kind of nerdy, but they end up with a cheerleader and a jock. Then they realize that they really just like each other and end up together. A lot of silly stuff in the middle and you've got a really crappy movie! I love Shane West, though, so I got through it!
Shopgirl
Crap! Total crap! I fell asleep in this one like seventeen times!! I couldn't even make it to the ending! Then I fell asleep again! What was Steve Martin thinking???? It was not good! I SO wanted it to be good, too!
Well, that's it! Apparently all these movies were much better than The Da Vinci Code that Alan and Katina suffered through! Have a great week!
5.23.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
tomorrow
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Kylie got a gift from Meemaw and Peepaw, too. This is how we roll in our family- no one gets left out. Keith loves to watch Mike Huckabee...
-
Update: I am laughing at 2 things! 1. I had to grab a pic off the internet of a dining room that looks similar to my mom's since I didn...
6 comments:
Sorry about the throw-up. That's never any fun. Avery threw up Sat. morning, I cancelled all of my plans for the day, and then she was fine. You just never know.
Riley's camp sounds great. I would LOVE to clean out my best "junk" for you to sell in a garage sale. I get a thrill out of throwing stuff out....plus it would be a great excuse to drive over to Dallas.
Traci,
Glad you are back on the blog! I've missed you!!
What did you think about American
Idol last night? I vote for Taylor all the way! I do NOT have McPheever...
Loved the movie reviews. I read "Shopgirl" and couldn't believe that they were making a movie out of it. Sounds like it was about as boring as the book was!!! :-)
Katina
Try Pride and Prejudice. VERY GOOD! Also very true to the book, if I remember correctly (it's been a while since I read it!). Anyway, that's my recent movie and I really liked it.
WHAT did you think of LOST last night? I totally missed it being a school day today so we could visit about it!
I am so excited that Riley is doing so well. You and Alan are doing so many right things for him. God has truly blessed that sweet boy with a wonderful family.
Sorry about the throw-up Kaylee had it here. Who knows why???
I feel like I haven't seen you in years with school being out! And, we never even got to have a conversation, but I enjoyed getting to at least say hi as we ran by each other! :)
I am so excited to hear about Riley's camp. It sounds like the perfect opportunity for him. We will be praying for the financial side to work out. We will all be here to help you with your awesome-sounding fundraisers too!
Post a Comment