5.03.2006

Riley's Diagnosis

Alan and I would like to thank everyone for the calls, emails, and prayers that we have received today. We felt touched and confident by what some of you had to say.

After a three-hour process of being interviewed and Riley being evaluated, the Developmental Pediatrician confirmed what we have thought for awhile. She said that Riley was moderately autistic and just barely made the scale. (The scale starts at 30 being moderate and he was at 31 1/2.) He is high-functioning and will continue to learn through therapy and everyday interaction.

Now, this may not sound like GREAT news but we are very encouraged by some of the things that she had to say. It is crucial that Riley starts developing language more and more and every second is going to count now to make sure that he is successful.

We will keep you posted on his progress and would like continued prayers for Riley and our family

2 comments:

hollyfouts said...

I wish I was there to give you a big hug. Your post is very positive and realistic. I know that Riley is lucky to have you to work with him and more importantly to love him. Lots of love and prayers for your family from all of us.

Erica said...

I cannot say it enough but "I am so Proud of you". I know it was hard to go through all that you have gone through this past year. What a wonderful advocate you have been for Riley. I know that through prayer, continued support, and love Riley is going to do Great!! We love him so much:) As always you are in our thoughts and prayers daily. Love ya!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....