5.09.2006

Today We Are Relaxin'

Whew! It's been a long week since Sunshine School is coming to an end. We had Kylie's program last night and I gotta say, she just keeps getting better every year. This year she actually wanted to go and eat ice cream with everyone after it was over. This was the first time that we ever did that. My class sang so great and then came to my classroom to say goodbye. It is funny how much they all have grown! I'm so proud of all of them! It will be sad to see them go on to Kindergarten but, Hallelulah! Next, we are getting ready for swimming lesson and VBS. It will be a busy June!


Just some highlighs from the week:

My class went on a field trip to Fairview Farms and had so much fun feeding the animals, riding the hay ride (It was actually pulled by a Pick-up truck through the grass), and having a picnic. One of the boys in my class got dehydrated and we had to call 911. He ended up being fine, though! It was a very scary ordeal! Remember to give your kids lots of water this summer!



Then, I had to go see the dentist to get a crown put back on. Advice number two: Don't eat Now or Laters!! I had used up all my friends as babysitters, thank you Amy and Honey!! so Alan called his mom to come down to watch the kids! Nancy and Alan's sister Leslie were kind enough to drive all that way to spend time with Kylie and Riles! They also cooked dinner and did some cleaning! Thank you, Thank you! I got bad news from the dentist, though. Whoever did my root canal (MONARCH DENTAL) did a horrible job the first time so now I have to get a re-root canal by a specialist!! Just great!

Needless to say, today we relaxed. Kylie really wanted to go swimming but since I watch Jacob today I couldn't take her. I found sad little Elmo, the sprinkler and she had a great time with that! She loves her new swimsuit and tonight we will take the kids swimming in the neighborhhod. Riles didn't think too highly of the sprinkler and finally, after a little encouragement from Kylie, got a little wet. I am anxious to see if he swims tonight!!





7 comments:

hollyfouts said...

What a cute little cowgirl! Glad you got a chance to relax today before the last day of school! Those kids re so funny about the water. Avery would play in the water every day of the year (she even begs to play in the hose in the winter time), and Miller can just barely tolerate it. He even goes through periods when bathtime is a tantrum too.

Erica said...

How cute both Kylie and Riley look!! They are both so big. The program looks as cute as always. I really miss you all at times like that. Glad Alan got a good seat:)

I wish we were still there to go to the pool with you since Kaylee actually likes swimming now. Campbell likes taking a bath so I am hoping that is a good sign for the pool. We shall see one day soon. Maybe when we come this summer to visit we can go to the pool together.

Erica said...

I forgot to mention...I love Kylie's swimsuit!!! So cute! You always find such precious things for her.

Kristen OQ said...

Great mommy minds must be thinking alike today -- we pulled out our sad little Elmo sprinkler today too -- the pool was just too much for me to deal with!

The program was so great last night...all of the classes were wonderful and adorable. I am looking forward to our teaching the 4 year olds together next year (plus it will make it so much easier for us to discuss tv shows on Mondays and Thursdays!)

Traci said...

Thanks, Erica! I bought her two bikinis, then we went to Gymboree and she wouldn't leave the store without this particular swimsuit. So, Nana bought it for her. She wants to wear it 24/7! In her room, in the bathtub, she's becoming quite a little pistol lately!

Anonymous said...

Traci,
Your kids are so cute! Sounds like the program was a success!

Sadly, I too have leared the Now & Later lesson. I was sitting in a movie theater (of all places!) when the Now & Later I was eating popped my crown right off! The crown STUCK in the candy and I had to take the whole thing in to the dentist the next day. Talk about embarrasing!

Glad that Nancy and Essie could come down to help with the kiddos.

Have a great week...

Katina

Amber Smith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....