7.20.2006

Goodbye Princesses

There's a new sheriff in town and they are called Superheroes. Yes, my very feminine daughter has traded in the Princesses for super powers. Apparently, Alan and Kylie have been watching The Justice League every night together and now she knows all the Superheroes names as well as their special powers. I didn't know how much she was thinking about them until she drew all of them today and ran around the house fighting crime. Her favorite character is Superman but she really wants to be Hotgirl?? Hotgirl is kind of like Lava Girl except she wears yellow and has wings. Now that I am looking back, no wonder she wanted a yellow Barbie Fairytopia doll that has wings.

Anyways, I am boring myself so I am just going to post the Superman picture and never talk about this again. Maybe it will be as short lived as Polly Pockets.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's supposed to be Hawkgirl... NOT HOTGIRL... Get it right

Alan
Superdaddy

& for you... Sugardaddy

Traci said...

Hey, don't shoot the messenger! I'm just going by the info that your daughter gave me!

It's interesting how this is the ONLY post that you have commented on!

courtney said...

Ok, I am LOL!! Hotgirl....too funny!

Landry is SO into superheroes, too, right now. She loves Superman; in fact she recently got to get a new toy and on the way to the toy store she told me she wanted a Superman action figure (yes, she actually SAID "action figure"...don't know where she picked that up!). And, of course, if you saw my pictures from a few days ago, you know that she is now "Wingfire Girl" which she also made-up.

Kylie is such a great artist!!! I'm SUPER (heehee) impressed!

Kristen OQ said...

We are ALL about Superman here at our house right now (complete with costume that has fake muscles). Keep in mind, Sam has NEVER even seen a Superman show...he just "knows" he should like him! Sam asked my mom yesterday if she could look for him some Superman underwear!

mcjacobsjournal said...

That girl is so funny! And, SUCH a good artist! Really....I could not draw something like that even now!! I'm so impressed!

(And, Alan, I love that you finally get into commenting on the blog when it's about superheroes...that is great!)

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....