8.10.2006

Hello, Lover!


I think today is going to turn out to be a great day. I just saw the love of my life, Rick Springfield on Regis and Kelly and I have the biggest smile on my face! I grew up with a crush on him and I really wanted to be Jesse's girl! Actually, I wanted to be Rick's girl!! Now he is back on General Hospital and all is well with the world.

In other news, I haven't blogged in awhile because I am so stressed out about making the right decision for Riley in the fall. We had a couple of angels come through with the financial end and that is a HUGE stress taken off of our back! Now, we are looking at one on one therapy, private schools, public school, sunshine school.......I just don't know which way to go. I want to give him the best possible scenario and one that he will learn and grow from. Here it is a couple of weeks until school starts and I still don't have things figured out! I am praying that I will know something before his birthday, September 2. How many evaluations can we go through in one summer????

Kylie is doing great and is still just as sweet as ever. Meemaw and Peepaw came to visit last weekend and she had so much fun with them. She was swimming with Meemaw and told her "I'm the best swimmer in Texas!" She gets the bragging gene from Alan.

This week Kylie was really complaining that her bottom hurt. I thought she may have a bladder infection so we drank cranberry juice. Next she told me that it was really itchy so I was convinced that she had pinworms and washed all the sheets in hot water and freaked out! The telling sign was when I saw her walking around like an 80 year old woman with a bad hip. I knew that this was gonna be something big....and messy. Well, after the insertion of a "big bottle" she finally did what she was needing to do for awhile. She never wants to poop again or see "that big bottle". I didn't think this kind of things happened to 5 year olds!


Speaking of poop, Riley wants to sit on the potty every chance he gets. I started taking flashcards in there because that is the only place that I have his attention. He hasn't pooped on there for me lately but he did pee when I went to get something. I know this because the wall was soaking wet. I guess he peed straight up! I'm so glad that I wasn't sitting there with him!

Here's a picture of all the shenanigans that have been going on this week! It's time for therapy and I am hoping for a good day! Let the frustrations begin!!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

RICK SPRINGFIELD!!!!! I love him too. I actually used to tan in our back yard with a record player of his Tao album spinning. Can you believe it? Outside with a record player! (For you youngsters, that's the old thing that spins with a round piece of vinyl. There's an arm with a needle that plays the music.) I actually did that until one day the record warped from the sun. OOPS! Guess I was out there too long!

I'm glad you finally posted! I miss you. I know you'll make the right decision for Riley. He's such a great little boy! I sure hope you teach at Sunshine School though! What will Trinity do without you this year???

What the heck is a pinworm?

Anonymous said...

Traci,
I missed your blog! Thanks for the update...

I am too old for the Rick Sprinfield crush. I was hooked on Tad Martin from All My Children (still am, actually!).

I know many prayers have gone up for Riley's situation. Please know that you all are in my thoughts. I, too, know that you and Alan will make the best decision for Riley. You two are great parents!

BTW, you didn't even have to say that Kylie got the bragging gene from Alan! That is a GIVEN! :-)

I have to ask, too...what IS a pinworm? Sounds like something I don't want...

Katina

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU!!!
Rick is just one more thing we have in common!
I saw him in concert when I was a Sophmore in High School!
And, Greg took me to see him when he was in town last year.

I know what tough decisions you and Alan have to make. I am praying for you to have peace about the decisions you make.

I know what a pinworm is and I am so... glad it wasn't that!

hollyfouts said...

I have been missing your blog, thinking about you, worrying about you, etc. I'm glad you are back! I will be thinking about you and the decisions that you will be making soon. I know you will do what is best for your little man and your family.

You should do the 1/2 marathon. I know you do 5K's all the time....you would do great. I am in terrible shape. I could barely make it 1 mile when I started. Now I am up to 3, but I am literally collapsing at the end of the 3rd mile. There are still 17 more weeks though. I know I'll end up walking some. The course is open for like 6 hours....I can surely make it in 6 hours! I would love for you to do it!

Glad you are back:)

courtney said...

Glad you're blogging again! I missed knowing what was up with y'all!

mcjacobsjournal said...

Man, I'm so behind on BLOGS! I know I'm late commenting on this one, but I'm so glad to see an update from you! We have been praying about your decisions for Riley this next year, and I know God will show you where he should be. I can't imagine the stress you are under trying to make the best decision for everyone involved...just know that we are all here to support you and listen when you need it!! Keep us posted!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....