8.30.2006

First Day of School (Me and Kylie)

Monday was the first day back to Sunshine School for me and Kylie. I had to leave Riley with my friend, Stephanie for the whole day and don't think that there weren't some tears shed!! He officially starts school next Wednesday and I'm sure that there will be more tears but right now I am fine. I know that we are doing the right thing for him and even though Kylie and I don't get to share Sunshine School with him, I know that it will be okay and better for him in the long run!
So, after all the tears and the traffic (It took me 30 FULL minutes to get out of Sachse!!!!) Kylie and I finally arrived with only ten minutes to spare. I had to rush Kylie in her classroom so that I could greet my sweet little kids and thankfully everything went smoothly the rest of the day. My class is so cute and the kids are all so respectful. All of the parents are wonderful, too! I just know that we are going to have a great year with many of them so excited about learning. That makes it so much more fun!


Here is a picture of Kylie in front of the van before we left. Yes, I know that it is foggy but I prefer to think of it as a halo around my sweet little angel. However, when my sweet little angel got in her classroom with Mrs. French, who she had last year, she became quite the little devil. Seriously, she talked back to Mrs. French on the FIRST day. This is something that Alan and I have noticed her doing at home and when she is comfortable with people she often speaks her mind. Quite the opposite of years past where we could bearly get her to talk to her teachers. Maybe I will have to get the hot sauce out if it doesn't start getting better! LOL :)
She does love Mrs. French, though and looks forward to doing her journal everyday. She also talks about how everyone ELSE gets in trouble in her class. Too funny!

So that was our first day of school experience. Kylie also gets to go on Tuesdays so I got to spend lots of time with my little man. We ran errands and spent quality time together. He also told Meemaw "Happy Birthday" on the phone and she was quite impressed! Also, he saw Mrs. Kendra, his teacher from last year, and he told her "hi" and "bye" while glancing at her. We are so proud of our little talker. On to put some kids down for a nap. We have to get ready for Mrs. B to come for therapy tonight,Sunshine School tomorrow, soccer practice on Thursday night, and off to Arkansas to celebrate Riley's birthday and Labor Day.

2 comments:

hollyfouts said...

Kylie talked back on the first day??? That's definitely not the quiet little Kylie who sat sweetly on my lap every day in 2 yr olds! Glad the day went well. This is an emotional time of year with all of the new changes. It's hard to let these kids go, and it's hard to know if you are doing what's best for them. I can only imagine what you are going through. I will miss seeing you at school this year!

Anonymous said...

Sassy mouth or not I love Kylie too!!!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....