8.17.2006

The Perfect Weekend

Last weekend was just a great weekend all around! It started off when I took the kids to McKinney for an evening with Nana and Poppy. I'm sure they had fun, now back to me. I met Alan at our favorite Japanese restaurant for a little sushi and sukiyaki and we finally had a chance to talk about Riley and our expecations for his future. Plus I got a chance to see Alan and just spend a little time enjoying each other. Sometimes that's nice. Then we went home and got to bed before ten. We are really getting old!

The next morning I went and registered Kylie for soccer. Now she is very excited about it, but I don't know if she knows what's gonna go down on those soccer fields. There will be pushing and shoving and my little non-agressive angel will not be in the middle of it, I can assure you that! But, it will be good for her to experience being on a team with other girls who have been on the same team before and all know each other..........wait, maybe that's not so good. Anyway, I'm sure that everything will turn out fine if we can make it past practice to an actual game. Plus, she gets to go watch the soccer pro of our family, Kyri, play in a couple of weeks. She is super excited about that!

Next, I went to the grocery store, baked a pie for Keith, Nancy, and Essie who were coming in that night, and made a dessert for the birthday party that Kylie and I were going to attend. Alan and I went to Mckinney and Kylie, Beady, Nana, and I all went to Ninni's house to an all girl swim/birthday party for Ninni. It was the most fun that I have had in a long time. I got to visit with Aunt Becky, and my sweet sisters in law Carolyn and Kyri. I love talking to them and we almost never get to see each other. Plus the food was great and what's not to love about swimming. Kylie had a blast!

Later that afternoon The Rutledges arrived and we had a great time visiting. We grilled out and the kids were like a magnet on Aunt Essie! They love her and cannot get enough of her every time they see her. Kylie drew with Meemaw and Riley enjoyed being around everyone. They bought me a book that I have needed for a long time, too. When the doctor diagnosed Riley, this book should have been in my mailbox the next morning! Keith also helped me come up with a game plan regarding Riley and made me feel more confident in my decisions regarding him. They had to leave too soon but hopefully we can make it up there before Riley's birthday!

That's it for our fun-filled weekend. You don't get many better than that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that everything is working out for sweet Riley!
Selfishly I am thrilled it is all working out so I can spend time with you! You are a wonderful friend.

Abbey said...

Traci, I love reading about the kids and catching up on your life. In fact Joel and I have started our own blog. Thought you might want to check it out at joelandabbey.blogspot.com. We need to get together for dinner sometime soon when you are in McKinney!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....