8.24.2006

BLESSINGS :)

I am so ready for school to start. This is how my table looked every day this summer. We would clean it up at night and save all the drawings that Kylie really liked. That turned out to be almost all of them! Then by the end of the next day, there would be just as many drawings for the day. She still had time to play in her room, make Riley really angry, swim, and pester me.


In all seriousness, we had a great summer and everything seems to be lined up and working in our favor for Riley this school year. I am not an outwardly spiritual person but I feel like God has been right there beside Alan and I in everything that we have done regarding Riley this summer.

  • He sent me two wonderful brothers one gloomy day to comfort me in a time of need.
  • He placed a wonderful angel to evaluate and make specific goals for Riley to obtain at his school.
  • He enabled me to call friends and ask for help. (Stephanie and Amber will be taking care of Riley after he gets out of school until I get home from Sunshine School and I am so blessed for them to be a part of our family now.)
  • He has given me peace and let me know that Riley is going to be okay and is showing me that Riley can be taught with the patience that I have always prayed about.
  • Most of all, He has shown me that our family and friends are behind us 100% and love us no matter what.

That is alot of blessings just in a few months! One of the hardest things for me is to trust and put my faith in HIM. I will be working on it more than ever this year.

1 comment:

mcjacobsjournal said...

First, thank God for His answered prayers for Riley! More than anything, it is so good to see you at peace about it. I know that is the HARDEST part for me in anything concerning my kids. We will all continue to pray for this to be an amazing year for Mr. Riley!

Also, I've said this so many times, but Kylie AMAZES me with her art!!! Those pictures are so cute! They could be little cartoon characters with their little striped tights and cute hairdos. :) She really has a strength in that....believe me. Take it from a parent who watches their kid have NO artistic ability whatsoever...just like me, I guess. Kendyll still can't even color in the lines! Go Kylie!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....