8.16.2006

Answered Prayers

If you have been around me at all this summer, you know that I have been really stressed out and worried about how Riley can go to PPCD School at the elementary school down the street and how I can work at Sunshine School and enable Kylie to go to Sunshine School three days a week for a wonderful Pre-K program. Whew!

Well, prayers have been answered!! Two very special friends have offered to keep him for a couple of hours in the morning until he goes to school from 11:45- 2:45!! I am so excited that he will have an opportunity to get the special speech help and socialization that he needs in order to start communicating with us better.

UNTIL, we went to get Riley evaluated today and to see the room that he will be in five days a week. I was pretty dissappointed. I saw teachers' aides sitting on the floor, not in control of the other ten kids in the classroom. The director quickly pointed out that the room would be split into in a couple of weeks. The teacher was down the hall talking to a parent and I just cringed knowing that I had given up an opportunity for him to be at Sunshine School with great Christian teachers and friends that know him and love us so much!

Things aren't always as they seem and I am hoping and praying that the second time we go to the school (for his ARD meeting) that things will look alot better to the eyes of a parent that wants so much for her little boy.

On the other side of things, Riley did pretty well at his evaluation. I was put at ease by his Speech therapist meeting us there to help me answer questions. Also, strategically placed by The Lord was a diagnostician that married a family friend of mine. I know her husbands' family very well and I could tell that she was really working on our side. I am really thankful for those two things. Plus, my mom, who, when I called crying about the whole classroom thing talked me through it and made me see the forementioned: "Things aren't always what they seem!" Thanks MOM!!

NOW, I want to especially acknowledge my Aunt Nikki today since it is her ??? birthday and she is at home taking care of Kimbo who had a tonsilectomy today! That's just Nikki! She ALWAYS puts others before herself and actually enjoys doing it. I love you, Nikki! You are such a cool aunt! I loved the fact that when I was little we actually had the same favorite Top 40 songs. I also looked forward to spending the weekend with you!! You will always be a shining star and everyone loves you for who you are!!!





Riley can say "cheese" now and Kylie's smile is getting better! This is probably the most dressed up they have been on a weekday all summer.

Next I will blog about the fun weekend we had! I am SO behind on blogging!!
K- I am working on the goals, too! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riles always has a spot at Sunshine School! Love y'all!

Traci said...

Thanks, Kristen! YOU have been a great support this year to me and my kids. Thanks for always knowing the right thing to say!

Did you notice the scripture at the top of the blog??

Anonymous said...

That's one of my favorites!!! It's perfect!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....