1.22.2007

The Amazing Riley

Alan and I have been so amazed at Riley's progress in therapy over the past couple of months. We are so proud of him and are excited about how many things he has learned and will learn in the future. He seems to be picking things up very quickly and is excited about showing us. We especially like it when he gathers us all in the living room for countless games of "Ring Around the Rosie" and "Row your boat".

Thank you to everyone who asks about Riley and please know that you shouldn't be scared to ask about him. I am so done feeling sorry for myself and am 100% committed to helping Riley achieve goals. (It took me long enough to get here, believe me!)

Here are some of the things that Riley is doing:


  • He loves to play on the computer and can handle the mouse like nobody's business. His favorite website is Starfall and he can troubleshoot when something goes wrong.
  • He has started requesting juice, mommy, up, and play without us prompting him! Yeah!
  • He has four songs that he sings consistently with me
  • He and Kylie have their own little games that they play. Indescribable........you would just have to see it!
  • He is repeating most of the words that we say
  • He is learning when to say yes and no (appropriately)
  • His favorite food is bacon and yogos
  • He can dress himself (everything except pulling the shirt on)
  • He is starting to point and make choices
  • He can point to head, nose, ears, and tummy when asked
  • He loves his Viewmaster
  • He can change a DVD of his choice and push play on the DVD without any help
  • He still loves Dora, Blues Clues, and the Teletubbies
  • His teachers at school are impressed by him everyday (Their words!)

Riley is a very happy and loving little boy and I am so proud to call him my son. If you don't know him, you are really missing out. He is an amazing little guy who I am sure is going to defy all the odds and be a winner. We haven't seen the best out of him yet, but we are very hopeful!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just so excited that he said my name on the phone the other day:) I have so much respect and admiration for all of you. I love you Riley!

Anonymous said...

You are such a wonderful mom to sweet Rylie!
Just think what he will be doing in a few months!
Tracey

Nicole said...

Thank you for the update on Riley, Traci. It is so good to hear about all of the great things he is accomplishing! Can he teach Emma how to change a DVD?

courtney said...

I'm so happy for all of the wonderful new things he can do. It sounds like you have a great attitude about it. Afterall, he can do SO MANY neat things. Landry can't even work the TV/DVD by herself. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty inept when it comes to that sort of thing myself!

Anonymous said...

Traci,
I am so proud of Riley! I need to come over and see you guys...we are all too busy these days...

I am glad to see you on the blog again. I missed your comments...

Love you guys,
Katina

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....